Chappers 507 mage

Chappers

Hey guys

My name is Sam i play a fire mage currently still looking at the other specs since they changed them quite a bit. I am a college student majoring in pharmacy have class 10am-2pm so it won't conflict with any raid times. I spend most of my time playing wow, league of legends, or watching shows on my computer ( elementary, walking dead, supernatural, etc etc)

As far as wow goes I have been playing since vanilla i played a warrior tank/dps in vanilla and bc switched to an elemental shaman in wrath and now im playing a mage for pandas. I have always been a raider did most of the raids that were available during the time i was playing didn't get to do a few like aq40 and naxx at 60. I do my best to make sure i am prepared for the raid by making sure i have checked out the boss fights and bringing everything i need food/flasks/pots. I rarely miss a raid as I do enjoy raiding very much. I also pvp if you guys have a guild group or something haven't done so much this season but i was big into rbg's this past season.

Msv heroic 6/6

Hof 6/6

Toes 4/4

My armory link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Chappers/simple

Here are some logs from this week

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/arqplejgb779vloi/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g2gi135es2yozok4/

This is my guilds progression on council of elders and tortos

Thank you for taking a look at my app appreciate the time you take to do so I hope this app is ok the other apps I looked at seemed so much longer lol

Of course i raided in vanilla with a guild that i made named exile stayed with them until bc when my guild decided they wanted to move to a different server more populated server I believe it was rexxar. Along the way quite a few didnt actually make the xfer so we renamed and became a guild called farm status. I was with them for most of bc then in wrath I joined some rl friends in a guild named the dark descent on eonar stayed with them clearing 11/12 heroic icc ( dam that lich king) until the gm quit and the guild slowly fell apart. I moved with a friend of mine onto stormreaver and we joined power word drunk which is the current guild I am in. We joined them at a time when they were a 25m progressing guild but since we joined many people have left the guild/quit the game turning us into a 10m raiding guild. i really prefer 25m raids myself but the reason I am looking for a new home is that this guild is losing more and more people becoming more casual than anything else and while I like the people in the guild it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for me anymore. I want to be in a 25m guild that is progressing and takes raiding seriously which is why I am applying here.

I can't look at your armory right now (b.net down) but.. what did you do during Cata? Basically what is your past heroic raiding experience that would let us know you are ready to join this team?

Why fire?

What do you think is the biggest strength of mages in the raid team? What is the biggest weakness or frustration?

Sam or Dean?

Do you need time off from raids at key points during your semester? What year are you in, btw?

Ewwwww panda!

Adding a few more questions into the mix:

• Reasoning behind breaking 4pc early?
  • Do you macro your PoM/AT, etc?
  • Do you feel Jonny Lee Miller is aging well?
  • Ignoring Tortos, (terrible fire mage fight), for Council you used NT but uptime and overall damage were low -- did you multidot with NT?
  • Have you used Greater Invis during any fights this tier to effectively negate a mechanic/increase your DPS?
  • You class swapped a bit through past tiers -- do you want to stay as a mage or are you looking for another class to play?
  • Why do you prefer 25M raiding?
  • What's the better handle: Zero Cool or Crash Override?

Thanks for stopping by!

Well to answer all your questions i do like the show walking dead lol I thought the last 2 episodes were good but would prefer a little more action although that is probably coming up.

As far as mages go this tier I would like to see more changes I don't feel arcane is where it should be and I never really liked frost for raiding.

Cata was pretty much my break time I played in the very beginning did a little of firelands but stopped playing soon after so my heroic expirience is limited to heroic msv and icc in wrath.

I chose fire because i feel from the 3 specs its the best raiding spec atm but it is frustrating having a good crit chance and going for 30 sec or so without seeing any crits to give me procs lol.

Dean sophomore and no I will not be needing time off during the semester.

I broke the 4 pc early simply because new gear was dropping that I didn't want to go to waste.

I have macros for my pom and alter time yes but I also have the ability bound just in case i ever need one or the other for whatever reason.

Yes i do feel johnny lee miller is againg well lol.

I didn't multidot very much no I was following instructions my guild used a strat that wanted to kill sul before it became his phase and they had me on sul full time while everyone else switched to break the bosses out. I did throw nether tempest up a bit when they called that they needed help but mostly just stuck on sul then focus the priestess down while my raid continued to switch around.

I actually just used greater invis last night to help my healers during magearas rampage damage I prefer that over blocking because i get to keep on dpsing.

I am planning to stay as a mage.

I have always enjoyed the 25m environment vs 10m I like having a lot of competition on the meters and a big group i am raiding with. To me it just makes it more fun.

not sure what zero cool or crash override is lol