Ajik - 514 Hunter Reapp

Ajik

Hello Ajik, thanks for your application!

For reforging, I like to use the ingame addon Reforge Lite. It allows you to set your own stat weights, and correctly reflects all upgraded gear, etc. It also has default settings for each spec and class. Once you load the addon from Curse, you simply go to the reforger. When you open a dialogue with the NPC, the interface for the addon pops up. You can see a summary of the suggested reforge in your stat box. You can then play around with stat weights and see how it changes the outcomes. When you are ready to do the reforge, you press one button and every piece of gear is reforged according the solution. Very easy to play around.

As for Mr Robot's advice, it is notoriously bad for hunters. His take on hit cap simply is not supported by the math. If it were a net gain to be slightly below the cap, every hunter who does the math (which is most of the raiders in end game hardcore progression guilds) would all be following this approach. None do...

Edited by Namour

Hello Ajik, thanks for your application!

For reforging, I like to use the ingame addon Reforge Lite. It allows you to set your own stat weights, and correctly reflects all upgraded gear, etc. It also has default settings for each spec and class. Once you load the addon from Curse, you simply go to the reforger. When you open a dialogue with the NPC, the interface for the addon pops up. You can see a summary of the suggested reforge in your stat box. You can then play around with stat weights and see how it changes the outcomes. When you are ready to do the reforge, you press one button and every piece of gear is reforged according the solution. Very easy to play around.

As for Mr Robot's advice, it is notoriously bad for hunters. His take on hit cap simply is not supported by the math. If it were a net gain to be slightly below the cap, every hunter who does the math (which is most of the raiders in end game hardcore progression guilds) would all be following this approach. None do...

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it as soon as I get off work. As for Mr. Robot, didn't know it was so bad for hunters. Now that I do, I'm never going to there again.

Nice to see you followup on the advice given. Glad you saw some positive results - figure the 1k will be magnified when you have full raid buffs, etc.

For sure, solid advises witih reforging and pre potting, I've seen quite a significant increase in almost every fight.

Jin'rokh: ~163k up from 146k

Horridon: ~200k up from 175k

Megaera: ~115k up from 101k

Ji-Kun: ~118 up from 88k

Doing good on Dumuru too, just didn't kill it last night.

I see you fixed your gems, and fixed your hit cap good job on taking advice. When I reforge your toon and gemmed, i got big increase For mr. Robot you have to play with the stat weights to make it reforge your hunter correctly. Just make sure its AGI>hit/exp cap> crit> haste >mastery and you 'll be fine

Edited by Stridur

Also a big increase comes from encounter familiarity. Better timing of cooldowns and knowledge of where to stand lets you focus more on your rotation.

Nice work!!

Thank you!

I see you fixed your gems, and fixed your hit cap good job on taking advice. When I reforge your toon and gemmed, i got big increase For mr. Robot you have to play with the stat weights to make it reforge your hunter correctly. Just make sure its AGI>hit/exp cap> crit> haste >mastery and you 'll be fine

Yea, good point, thank you. Really appreciate the advise.