Simetrik - Blood Death Knight

simetrik

What I was trying to individually lead people into a few days ago is the realization that both are viable and are better suited for different situations. I asked in what situations might each shine and no one really satisfactorily answered me. Essentially, RC seems to be extremely powerful in hectic fights or ones with more consistent damage. BT would do exceptionally well in situations with large, somewhat spread out hits. Being able to pool your charges is a huge asset in times when you need that extra DS right now, but when you have a bunch of things going on and the damage is relatively consistent it turns into more of a liability as it is one more thing to keep track of. I do not see any reason to not utilize both talents.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, that just makes me think you haven't read my posts. Rizor and I (mostly me, if you're counting sheer volume) have repeatedly stated that RC has less output then BT - that's math. You can't deny that fact. If you didn't manage blood tap properly and capped your charges constantly, sure, it wouldn't be viable anymore. But I don't do that. Check out any of my logs. Hopefully that will address your concern relating to the benefit of RC on hectic fights.

One of the convenient things about the death knight resource system is that you are playing optimally (or at least, maximizing output) so long as you don't cap anything. True optimization is all about placement of those resources into abilities within the relatively lax window that blood death knights have to spend their resources. Blood tap actually allows greater flexibility, making it easier to optimize, in a sense (kind of a weird way of looking at it, but true), whereas RC speeds up the point at which you need to spend resources, or else you'll cap. I'm not saying blood tap doesn't eventually force a decision, but at least you can store blood charges, and redistribute accordingly. I can practically hear some of you thinking again, "Sure, he says this, but that requires micromanagement which would lead to other mistakes, which would have a larger, more negative net effect then the benefit of choosing blood tap". Once again, check my logs. I'm not capping my charges, and even if I'm not redistributing perfectly (this is where I agree with you, no human can do that perfectly) I'm still benefiting from increased death strike output, and the option to react to spike damage, two things I would not have with RC.

If I'm correct, you're saying RC is superior in fights with consistent damage because it smooths the distribution of death strike usage. That view is, to say the least, an optimistic view of the talent.

I understand that maybe looking at the talents, initially you would you be led to believe that each has situational use. RC has more consistent coverage, BT counteracts spikes, RE trades randomness for maximum output. Yet not only can BT counteract spikes, it unquestionably has a higher output then RC, assuming proper play, which I have demonstrated. RC's increased rune regeneration does spread out the effect of that talent. You could say that that would result in more consistent coverage. Yet, RC has fundamental problems which can be summarized in two ways: A) it is dependent on a proc, which, if you get unlucky, can lead to greater spikiness than proper use of BT would ever allow and B) it can't counteract spikes as well as BT. Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, choosing RC leads to less overall death strikes than BT. RC may smooth the distribution slightly, but does so in an unpredictable manner, leads to less output, and cannot react to spikes. Hopefully that addresses your concern regarding fights with more consistent damage.

This is all stuff that I've said before (in fact, I'm repeating myself in this exact post). I understand why managing blood charges would be perceived as difficult, but my logs prove I'm using the talent well (hardly optimally, but at least I don't cap). Proper management of that talent leads to all of the benefits I've stated above. I'm not trying to be rude, but assuming proper play, blood tap has many, many benefits compared to runic corruption. Maybe I've been blinded by the EJ blood dk thread's insistence on countering burst damage at all costs, but, on the other hand, none of you have said anything that can counteract what I've proven on this thread. If you don't perceive it to be worth your time, I understand - I'm just an underage (sort of) applicant - but please don't assume that you're right without citing hard evidence. I understand this is a technicality, a minor detail, but I think you may not fully understand what I've been saying in this thread. I've invoked both theoretical situations and my own logs while proving my point. Let's see something similar if you want to actually prove me wrong.

Well you basically answered your own question,

The Question being In what Situations would each individual talent provide a particular advantage or strength over the other.

But that question is based on the individuals ability to process and handle his/her surroundings, You have to assume that not all of us "humans" are exactly alike, some of us have higher intellect and a faster analytical way of processing situations so what might seem to be a crazy impossible way of doing things, might just be a walk in the park for someone else, But thinking that way brings us to the point that; THAT person is some how superior then me and unfortunately as humans our pride kicks in and doesn't want to believe in such ridiculous notions. Its true, I know for a fact I'm not even close to being the best Blood deathknight on the planet, In my growing age its easier for me to accept things like this and just try my hardest to perform at my highest level and hope that I'm not far off from being some what adequate to that Number one guy.

So as you can see, BT may in fact be the best talent for one person but might be the worst for someone else. the Minor mathematics numbers have come to the conclusion that BT is in fact the top dog down to the base percentage but that would require top of the line gameplay.

For many reasons, I'd like to withdraw my application.

It seems that by being verbose, I've turned people off to my app, rather then my desired effect, which was to prove that I put more thought into my play (and general self-portrayal) then you might think an 18 year old would. Despite putting significant effort into my application, I'm not sensing a lot of reciprocation, and that's totally fine - it just doesn't seem like I'd mesh well in this particular environment. I suspect some of you have already had similar thoughts.

Best of luck with Lei Shen, and once again, best of luck finding a tank that's a good fit for your guild.