Badmoo BDK 527 ilvl

Badmoo

About me:

My name is Blake but i prefer people use my toons name for gaming. I am 27 and work for Discovery channel. I get paid to watch tv for a living. I have been playing since Vanilla but mainly pvped at the time. I started raiding late closer to BC but was able to clear all content up at Naxx 40m. I was tanking and playing my ele sham at that point. I have tanked and dpsed all content as progression. 10m and 25m. I play this game because i love raiding and killing bosses.

Reason for apping:

I like 25m so much better then 10m I kinda got stuck as the GM/RaidLeader/Recuiter/...list it i do it currently. I have no issues raid leading but all of it is a little much when 1 person can fuck the guild cause they have a IRL issue.

Experience:

Vanilla: all but Naxx as Raid Leader

BC: all content as DPS and Tank 25m/Raid lead until BT (warrior and sham)

WoTLK: DPS cleared all content but ICC 25 LK Heroic

Cata: Warrior Tank/DPS Cleared all content But Heroic Rag during Content/progression (first time goin 10m DS)

MoP: BDK 9/16H with late guild start 10m and 25m for a little but in a bad guild. Current 3/13H as Tank/rl/gm (MV6/6H - HoF 3/6H - ToES 1/4H)

Link: http://us.battle.net...Badmoo/advanced

also has a pallie http://us.battle.net...addmoo/advanced

Logs:

Overall : http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/183990/

Progression with DK: http://www.worldoflo...?s=9887&e=10364 - our warrior tank was very under geared at the time so i was intentionally tanking longer. also because I can take 3-4 rakes if needed.

Farm with DK: http://www.worldoflo...es5ljtjkn67n5x/

Pallie farm : http://www.worldoflo...dhk7rny0hguwqd/

BT: syfy#1592

UI

DomSS.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's raining Blood DKs. Thanks for the app Badmoo. I don't know whats going on, but my home PC won't allow me to use my "enter" key on this site. Only question I have at this time is are the logs you listed the best representation of your play? I won't review until I get a big thumbs up from you that the logs are the best you've got. Thanks

Should be. I listed some progression (i am the guy that logs) some farm with good numbers and a link to my pallie. If you look at last week, I took my pallie in at 480 ilvl and tanked all of ToT.

it was a quick SS just ran into a LFR pull and took it so the ui could be seen in a raid. its a slightly old photo from when HoF was progression and my old name of Dominators. I held a few top 10 ranks at that time.

It's been a tad less than 48 hours since you apped and a weekend. Ashin is normally ridiculously quick at responding to posts so he must be busy. Be patient. I'd use this time to read through the plethora of blood dk apps we have and prepare for the similar questions headed your way.

Whats up Badmoo,

I will be going through your logs with a fine tooth comb this morning. I was unable to get to them over the weekend.

At a glance I like what I'm seeing with your character sheet and application. I'm hopeful that your logs will put a smile on my face as well.

I'll get back to you soon.

Hip

Few things about your gearing.

Why the DPS meta gem?

You’re significantly over the expertise cap. Why use the two trinkets you’re using?

Do you always run with Rune of the Fallen Crusader?

How are you using your Synapse Springs? What caused you to choose that over the dodge proc? What would inspire a change to the defensive tool?

From your UI

What tools (i.e. addons) are you using to track your CDs; both availability and uptimes?

How are you tracking your Blood Shields; uptime and strength?

Talent Choice

How are you using conversion/what fights? What advantages do you feel this spell is giving you?

10m vs 25m

How do you feel your role as a tank is defined in these two environments? Would your focus shift in moving to a 26m team?

Logs

Your numbers on Ji-Kun are falling in the mid range of applications we’ve had recently in terms of Blood Shields and Death Strike shielding/healing. Your uptime on Blood Shield looks great, but that can be skewed by DS’ing while not tanking/maintaining the shield while not taking damage. With 35%+ overhealing on both DS and BS that tells me that over a third of your uses weren’t used as effective tanking, not necessarily wasted, just not used to recover or prevent active damage.

Your bone shield uptime looks great, a product of good BS uptime and effective maintenance of the spell. Curious about how you’re casting Bone Shield, with 80% uptime and 5 casts, are you “clipping” this spell, casting before your last bone falls off?

Rune Tap usage/healing is very low. Only 5 uses out of a possible 24 uses on your Jin-Kun kill. I wouldn’t suggest you would need to use it 24 times, but there should have been more opportunities to get a free 10% HP heal off. On the plus side none 0f your Rune Taps went to overheal. But on a fight that is still taking 9 pull to kill I’d want to see a more active approach to your/team survival.

DRW, IBF and Vamp Blood usage all look within the range I’d want to see.

What is going on that you’d only use AMS 1 time in 9 pulls? That seems to be a wild under utilization of a powerful tool on a fight with significant nature damage.

What concerns me is the difference in CD usage on the farm fights of Jin Kun versus the progression fights for Tortos.

Yes the fights/pulls are significantly shorter, but the use of your tools seems to drop off disproportionately.

In nearly 5 minute fights I’m only seeing 1 use of Vamp Blood and very few (even zero) uses of Rune Tap. Even over the course of 17 pulls in a raid night I’m only seeing 19 total uses of Rune Tap, 5 uses of Vamp Blood and zero uses of your Engineering Glove Tinker (str or otherwise).

To be fair, most fights were less than 3 minutes long, and who knows when wipes would have been called. But I’m still seeing that drop off on those 3-5 minute fights that would still give time to effectively use those shorter CD tools. It makes me nervous that when things get hectic you lose focus/don't maintain your survival.

Thanks and let me know your thoughts.

Hip

Current gemming is for 10m. So the DPS meta is a "better option". I would have to do a bit more research for the tanking meta in 25m but I believe that the DPS is still used by most DK tanks for 25m.

The trinkets are the best options i have atm. There is a strength trinket that is much better and will allow me to be closer to the expertise cap. I cannot get expertise lower atm and keep the rest of the stats how they should be.

Fallen crusader is better for most the fights in ToT on 10m on regular/non progression and the majority of the progression. The free(and minor heal) is nice plus the 2% parry the proc provides(the strength proc) is not bad either. Gargoyle is probably going to win over other weapon enchants for 25m, with swordshattering being very close as well and better for more "melee" fights as gargoyle is considered "better" for fights with heaver magic dmg as its has a passive stam buff.

The springs cd its typically paired with another cd DRW (dps and defensive cd) or a dps CD like ghoul, also done on pull to increase initial DPS and avoidance. This should also be done on cool down if not needed to be paired with DRW for additional parry. The DPS/strength cd is far better than dodge. Dodge sucks and has for a while now. The DR on it is just crap. The DPS springs gives strength as you know, the strength converts to parry (I forget how much atm, I have not done the math in a while) while the conversition of STR to parry is not ideal it outweighed the dodge as parry DR is far less then dodge.

Conversion is a great CD/buff to healing. On tortos for example it can be used a quite often and is a "self hot" if i can keep my RP up and it is easy to keep at a decent level on that fight. It is very good to use when either I don’t have a CD available or knowing that I am going to take a hard hit or stun (in tortos) to provide extra healing right after/during. It is very powerful when paired with Vamp Blood. Another great place is on Iron Qon when during the "tornado" phase and running out if I don’t have a way to get out quickly.

In 10m the major difference is that a DK as a main tank is also a DPS. In a 25m this is far less required as the dps requirements should be "easier" to meet with more dps and allows for more resources to be put into defense. As a OT in a 25m there are more possibilities for a BDK to go into a DPS setup depending on how the fights are being tanked. A pure strength BDK can do crazy numbers if not required to tank long for keeping veng and only minor periods so the MT can reset CDs or a debuff. Also 25m has more of a need for 2 tanks then 10m where I practically 1 tank most of the fights. So depending on the role needed to fill would depend on how I gem/reforge/gear.

Bone shield is something that should be maintained as much as possible; it is also required to clip sometimes to refresh the shield just before taunting. Clipping can allow you to not waste time refreshing it just as you begin to tank or allowing it to fall while tanking. For a fight like Jikun the longer it is on while tanking the better, having it fall right before a rake would suck.

As far as my BS overhealing is concerned. There will be overhealing in a 10m. At times it hits for just stupid numbers and the heal can be far more than required (especially if you have good heals). Also the time when not tanking allows you to pool the blood shield for when you are ready to taunt. or taunt off the other tank to take a hit he might not be able to (depending on if he has cds available or not) for example if I do it properly on Jikun 10mH I can easily ignore the rakes if I have a proper blood shield. I have been able to take even the second rake without CDs (but usually do anyways) because I can have a 800k BS available to take the hit and the hit right after with my hp not moving. This is not something that is always available but does happen more often than not.

I will admit that my Rune tap is far underused now that the cost is removed with my 2set.Before the current 2set it was not the best thing to use and was mainly "used on proc" as it cost a blood rune to use. The proc provides no cd/refreshed the cd and also is a dmg reduction. It is something that I have been trying to take more advantage of but sadly forget when it is not a proc...

I am the Rl for my guild. Sadly my guild started giving up at this point. I had to manage them by calling EVERYTHING. I had to tell them when to kick (even for the breaths), I had to tell them to refresh there buffs and when to do it, I was telling them when and when not to kill bats... in other words I was managing everyone and not myself as a tank is required to on this fight and I was also the bat tank and half the timed ended up tanking tortos because my OT had given up.. It became more of babysitting then raiding. Also as stated most of the fights were early wipes. And I mean VERY early, and then we would have one jackass that refused to die and wanted to live so he did not have to take a repair. The guild provided repairs so no idea why but one or 2 of them would always drag the crap our longer than it should have been. We at one point tried to do the kiting method with a DK (frost spec kiting and blood) this seemed to be possible but was very hard to do at times depending on how the raid needed to move to stay alive. Monks are so OP for kiting on that boss. I would have loved to link our first Horridon kill over this progression but I forgot to log it... and our progression from before our kill I could not find.