Badmoo BDK 527 ilvl

Badmoo

On your Jin-Kun fights it looks like you had some survival issues. Certainly some of the deaths were late enough in the fight that they came after the wipe was called. But I’m seeing Death’s to Talon Rake’s in the first pull and the Kill.

First pull Talon Rake/Infected Talons and a pure Talon Rake on the kill.

What are your thoughts on this and what did you learn from those pulls?

Focusing on the killing pull

You took 4.9 million damage from Feed Pools, what’s the story there? It wasn’t from intercepting the food as you were only “Slimed” once.

Rune Tap usage still looks low at 11 out of a theoretical 29 possible (Will of the Necropolis proc’d 4 times). Also 22% overhealling on Rune Taps.

Death Strikes/Blood Shields look better, either better utilization of the spell or a factor of the damage difference. Either way, they seem to be more in-line with what I’d want to see.

Use of Vamp Blood, IBF, DRW, synapse springs all seems ok to me at 4-6 each falling in-line with tanking rotations due to phases in the fight.

Bone Shield uptime looks good at nearly 80%

Only 1 use of AMS is very poor use of that spell given the amount of magical damage in the fight. You took that 4.9 million from the Pools and 4.2 million from Infected Talons, but only used this very powerful CD one time. I can't fathom how that's possible, I could even see an argument for taking the AMZ talent, much less utilization of this spell from your base toolkit.

I also see no use of AoD. Are you using this pre-pull? That’s a significant waste of a powerful defensive CD for a Blood DK so by not using it or popping it before the pull is a considerable loss [At least a 35% damage reduction while channelging (taken from your character sheet)].

Meta Gem Choice

You took 12,247,261 melee damage, 5,565,250 Talon Rake damage, 3,637,442 Quills damage and 65,2081 Cheep damage for a total of 22,102,034 physical damage.

Based on PPM the Tanking Legendary meta gem has an expected uptime of 35%.

22,107.034 x .2 x .35 = 1,547,142 expected damage reduction from using the tanking meta, or a 7% reduction in physical damage taken.

Your DPS meta gem did 4,389,180 lightning damage to Jin-Kun, 10% of your damage done.

Thoughts?

Summary

Some things look pretty solid.

CD usage on most of your tools is right in line and shows skill at the class [VB, IBF (nice use of the glyph), DRW]

Significant oversight/misuse of AMS, particularly given the amount of magic damage and most importantly avoidable magic damage you took on this fight. I can’t come up with any reason why you wouldn’t use AMS.

I would compound this mistake with your choice in taking the Conversion Talent. No the Runic power from the absorb wouldn’t turn into healing, but it would give you a nice full bar to work with before/after popping AMS to use on other spells/pool Runes/etc.

Trinket’s wise I’m not seeing any use of your active trinket, but I may be overlooking it. I was able to find the passive heal from your other trinket, but not the active HP increase.

Rune Tap also appears to be mishandled, but not so horribly. You could get a lot more leg work out of that spell. I harp on it so much this tier because it is free. Without the set bonus it is often not worth using, however with the 2pc, not using it is leaving survivability off the table.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hip

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hip, once again thanks for taking the time. Ji-kun has a bit more timing differences the the other fights so far. One of the main Differences is that 10m as rake would always happen right after the pushback. This is not the case in 25m. Also there strat has them using 3 "tanks" not sure if the monk was brew or just tanking...but I was never jumping platforms and that messed me up big time. Also the time between the rakes seems to be much greater and once again has thrown off my BS timing. All of this was better by the time we got the kill.

As far as the first pull was concerned they called the wipe almost right away..so die the quickest way.

AMS on the fight I agree could have been used much more and way more effective. You cannot use AMS to soak the Pools, you will not take a stack and the pool will not disappear. We found that out early on when working on 10mH(unless it was a bug that it was not working). They were having the tanks soak 4-6 pools a time when they were not tanking. Hence why my DMG taken is so high for that spell. I am currently not taking AMZ for any fight until i learn how much DMG I will be taking from abilities on 25mH. Purgatory is a HUGE omg save. For example when I was progression on 10mH Jin Rokh we were using AMZ (we had 2 a DPS and me) for the Static Shocks. On that fight I will never be 1 shot even from 50%.

Rune tap, I am still underusing this spell. I am working to better the timing and placement for this. For instance if i was taking a second talon rake and did not have a bigger cd I would use AMS, conversion, VB, and a Rune tap right as the strike happened. If I did have IBF up I would use them at different times. For instance if I did not have a Blood Shield for the first rake, I would use VB and a RT right as the ability happened. I need a better way to track the CD of this ability and will be making a Aura for it.

I have liked conversion over the other options for a long time now. While Death Pack can be great the time between use is far too great. Death Siphon could be used but the thought of wasting a Death Rune on it gives me the shakes. Non buffed no CDS on training dummy hits for 21k ish. SO in a raid situation it could be seen much higher(60-100k). While DS hits for so much more and provides more. I will get a physical shield, healing, and more dmg. On a Dummy DS hit for 60k - 120k, once again non buffed and no raid. But in a raid I have been able to get 500k Shields out of a single DS hit and that means a huge heal as well. While conversion can be used at any time is slightly a lesser heal (20.5k per second based off non buffed max hp) and is off of runic power.The only thing this effects would be my Rune Strike and thats not gonna kill me anyway. I am not saying that Death Siphon does not have sometimes that is may be better but Conversion has tons of times that it can be used, will not effect rotation or shields, will give me healing for longer.

When I was first able to get the meta, I tested the Tanking version. I was seeing about 20% uptime. Now that being said that was in 10m where the Physical dmg taken is not nearly as much as 25m. One of the main Differences I am seeing is that Physical DMG in 25m is so much more. As a DK 10m Physical DMG was nothing because of my BS. In 25m the shield is even more powerful but the hits are harder and taken faster. I have actually been thinking about testing out the Tanking meta again as my DPS is not as much required for 25m as it was for 10m.

AoD is currently being used pre pull for DPS increase. For some of the fights we were lusting on pull in 10m or shortly after and the army would still be up. Once using for DPS not for Tanking. This is a concept I need to change and start finding better places to use it for 25m.

Good afternoon Badmoo. *straightens papers*

Please have a seat.

I have some very important questions for you.

Do you like to dance?

Favorite memory?

How do you feel about gelatin?

If you had a pet nickel what would you name it?

What is your favorite song at the moment?

I believe that is all for now!

Good luck with your app.

-Negido

We were starting to talk about days to talk. Friday has passed.. are you guys interested in Sat, sun, or monday if possible I don't to be tortured by this guild im in for another week. I can do anytime on sat, and if its after 7pm EST sun or mon.

Whats up Badmoo,

At this point we're going to pass on your application.

Sorry you're in a situation with a guild you're not happy with, hopefully you're able to turn it around or find a home you'll be happy with.

Good luck.

Hip