Wildstar Intro - Manifold

Artifice

I played Gemstone 3 and Dragonrealms MUDs to start...

Ah! Me too, me too.  Remember the empaths in Dragonrealms?  You'd basically sit around in a giant house and take on the pains of other people.  I was so terrible at that game and understood so little but loved every minute of it.

Do you believe that gifs are just that much more entertaining?  Or that if a picture tells a thousand words then a a gif tells like 20,000?  

What was your most memorable MMO moment? 

Do you enjoy reading and if so what was the last book you finished?

Do you enjoy living in Colorado or would you move given the opportunity?

It's been a while since I thought in depth about those MUDs, but now that you mention it I DO recall that-- they'd just be able to heal themselves slightly faster but they could basically regrow limbs.   And you'd have 12-15 rogues in the shadows in one room trying to pickpocket the same npc for hours whispering to each other.  Things sure have changed, but then I remember when you paid several gold for bronze armor in original EQ and you'd have to have a whole set of gear for fighting back to where your corpse was, and a whole NOTHER set that was character bound in PvP because otherwise people could loot every item you had equipped.  First thing you'd do in a open world pvp fight was bag all of your items, and this was before macros my friends-- there was never a more frantic inventory management scenario :)  Ya'll kids these days get spoonfed I tells ya!  This is why I'm looking forward to WildStar too, it's supposed to be HARD and skill based.

GIFs aren't great for all communication, I just think they're like evolved smiley faces.  I am reading the Atopia Chronicles and it's pretty good so far, but I recommend Blood Song, The Warded Man and The name of the Wind if anyone here is into fantasy reads.  I just moved to Colorado from LA and it's great, I like mountains on my horizons.

The most memorable MMO moment I had was probably in EQ: we had cleared about half of plane of fear (pre-expansions) and had another guild port in and start hunting us.  Their monks/necros tried to train trash mobs and wipe us so we had to keep mass logging out and back in, then we all logged into the middle of their guild and had an epic 40v40 PvP battle that was sheer pandemonium. It soon splintered in 3v4 type skirmishes on the fringes, meanwhile Cazic Thule (raid boss) was shouting random peoples name and insta-summoning and slaughtering them throughout.  Our guild officer group that I was in just barely survived but their guild got wiped out-- however all the trash respawn prevented us from doing much but corpse dragging and leaving.  All the while I'm blasting Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

• 1 month later...