Wildstar Intro - PeurisToraji

PeurisToraji

Greetings from PeurisToraji!

After a referral from M4Brad and a bit of decision-making, I've decided I'd apply here.
I suppose to begin my name is Dylan. I'm a bit quiet, but I enjoy being able to talk about interesting topics.
I've been playing MMOs for a decent amount of time, with some of the notable ones being Vindictus and Guild Wars 2. I also played a bit of Warcraft 3 locally with some good friends. I found Wildstar after browsing NCSoft's list of MMOs and was pretty interested in seeing how it plays. After the second day I've noticed it's pretty quiet without a guild to play with, and why not be in one with some friends?

I hope to see some of you in the game!

Hi Peuris and welcome to the forums.

Things are a little quieter than normal on the WS forums at the moment with everyone playing or trying to get in game. :)

I'm going to change your status to Guest, so you can browse the forums and mingle with our other members and recruits.

Others will be along with a plethora of questions for you, but in the meantime... What do you enjoy about WS? What profession do you play? Are you interested in raiding?

Others will be along with a plethora of questions for you, but in the meantime... What do you enjoy about WS? What profession do you play? Are you interested in raiding?

Well I've been mostly questing so I haven't experienced much of the game, but I am enjoying the humor that this game has and the challenges that come up as the game progresses. I chose a warrior as my class and explorer as my path, though I hope to branch out after a bit more time. And I am very interested in raiding. The dev speak and website is the only information I know, but judging by that it looks like it's going to be exciting!

Welcome!

I'm not sure whether I would count Vindictus in true MMO history since it has no end-game, at least it didn't when I stopped playing it 3 years ago when the level cap was like 36 or something.  It'd be like counting Neverwinter from Perfect World, no real end-game other than 5 man dungeons that are skip-able.  But, to each their own.

I also played a bit of Warcraft 3 locally with some good friends.

The real heart of the matter, what race did you place in WC3?  There is a correct/acceptable answer and then everything else! :Onion 501:

Let's get to know you better!

• What do you enjoy doing outside of gaming?  Camping?  Hiking?  Ultimate Frisbee?  Butterfly catching?  Prairie dog racing?
  • Are you in college/school or the professional world?
  • Do you like this meme?
  • Why doesn't the English language 100% follow the rule of "i before e except after c"?
  • Do you own any adorable pets? (kids could count, if they are adorable)

I was considering saying Vindictus didn't really count, but it still fits in the MMO genre. I played undead on Warcraft 3 but I didn't really play the game religiously, I suppose I was a casual.

• Outside of gaming, I enjoy wandering around my town for the sake of wandering, not too much to do in the area I live in...
  • I'll be entering college in the fall. I plan to work towards a major in computer science.
  • No! I hate it! IT'S EVI- It's alright.
  • Not a clue. I'm not much of a linguist, but if I had to guess it's due to the fact that it's made up of several other languages that primarily don't follow such a rule. Not really sure why it's a rule anyway...
  • I own two cats and a dog.
Edited by PeurisToraji

Hi Dylan,

I've gone ahead and sent you a welcome message containing a fair bit of info for your review. I am deeply sorry for my delay in getting this to you. As you can assume, headstart/launch had me a bit distracted. Please forgive and let us know how we can help you get into South of Heaven on Wildstar!

Hi Dylan,

I've gone ahead and sent you a welcome message containing a fair bit of info for your review. I am deeply sorry for my delay in getting this to you. As you can assume, headstart/launch had me a bit distracted. Please forgive and let us know how we can help you get into South of Heaven on Wildstar!

That's very much fine, and thank you. Head start was a busy time for most of us, so I can understand. I'm online a majority of the time so any time I could be invited would work. I go by PeurisToraji, same as on the forum.

Hey PeurisToraji. I'm a newbie here too but I had to speak up when I saw you played WC3! I really wish that game was still relevant.

You said you are looking forward to raiding do you want to tank, dps. Do you have a lot of experience raiding? After watching the Dev videos I am pretty excited to get my feet wet raiding in wildstar.

Hey PeurisToraji. I'm a newbie here too but I had to speak up when I saw you played WC3! I really wish that game was still relevant.

You said you are looking forward to raiding do you want to tank, dps. Do you have a lot of experience raiding? After watching the Dev videos I am pretty excited to get my feet wet raiding in wildstar.

I think it will depend on how the raids go. I would start out as a tank though. I don't have much, if any, experience raiding but I'd love to start getting into it.

• 4 weeks later...