40 things every drunkard should do before he dies.

Golgi

ROFL! That was great! My favorite:

9.) Get 86’d from a bar.

There are generally two types of drunkards in the world: Those that get 86’d a lot and those who never do. If you’re the latter, you’re missing out on a very special feeling. A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us. So choose the type of bar you loathe. Get remorselessly smashed on tequila. Let your lizard brain do your talking. Splash the kerosene, drop the match and watch the bridge burn. Few sentences in the English language bespeak a mysterious dark side than: “I’m not allowed in there. And, quite frankly, I don’t blame them.

Sadly, I've already done more of these than not. It's all in my past though, I doubt I'll be checking off any more.

A couple of minor adjustments:

14.) Buy, build or steal a home bar. - It really must be stolen to appreciate it properly. And from a pub too, (see #9) not some prissy yuppie minibar. It takes an extremely drunken and cooperative effort by a group of good friends to steal a length of a bar. But that original group will forever after have a special bond when sitting down for a drink, and telling the story will never get old.

31.) Eat the worm. - To earn your mark, you really have to get that worm on the first swig. Actually, you need to travel back to the time when it was illegal in the US, drive to mexico and smuggle back something really wretched first. But back to the point, anyone can get the worm when the tequila is almost gone. It takes dedication to swallow it on the first tip of the bottle.

37.) Watch the movie Barfly with five of your closest friends. - But to finish the experience, afterwards watch Leaving Las Vegas by yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly, I've already done more of these than not. It's all in my past though, I doubt I'll be checking off any more.

So have I friend, so have I.

A couple of minor adjustments:

31.) Eat the worm. - To earn your mark, you really have to get that worm on the first swig. Actually, you need to travel back to the time when it was illegal in the US, drive to mexico and smuggle back something really wretched first. But back to the point, anyone can get the worm when the tequila is almost gone. It takes dedication to swallow it on the first tip of the bottle.

Just a small note here:

Mezcal, which is the stuff with the worm, is NOT tequila. It's actually whiskey.

Actually, mezcal is tequila, it's just from a specific area of Mexico...kind of like bourbon and scotch are whiskey, just from specific areas.

Damn you, you're right.

"In fact, "Tequila" is just a region famous for its mezcal, the same as Cognac is famous for its brandy. Until the late 19th century, tequila was known as "mezcal de Tequila." After a mescal de Tequila won an award at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair, tequila makers and the Mexican government dropped the word "mezcal" from the name."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c">http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... &type=wine</a>