Application - Ryahl and Aela

Ryahl

Hello all,

We are friends of Talynn's from previous games, she mentioned our situation in her application thread.

Aela and I started Alat-Seldi back in EQ1 in 2000 and ran it intact through this past year. AS hit its peak in EQ1 and DAOC, but persisted well through the launch of WoW at which point (pre-BC) the guild basically splintered between different tastes and preferences (all of the old people are still active in MMO's, just in about eight different ones on the last count).

We aren't looking to rebuild AS at any rate, just looking for a good group to hang our hats with.

We have played pretty much every major MMO that has come down the pipe. Generally I play a tank and Aela a healer (Templar/Chanter this time). I am more PVE oriented and prefer dungeons and instances to soloing/questing. Aela, on the other hand, likes PVP a good bit. I'll go along, but generally find PVP to be too much non-action in between the flurry's of fun. We both like a good raid (rl time permitting these days).

Aela and I are married irl and have a baby in the house. That basically has turned us into west-coasters play-wise. We are usually online after 10pm central and an occasional morning. I teach two evenings a week and the days rotate each semester (Monday and Thursday this fall).

Generally, we'll be online trying to find places in game we shouldn't be and seeing what we can do before getting stomped by something too big. I don't talk very often in game, Aela usually does the in-game chat.

Anyhow, we are enjoying Aion and looking forward to meeting everyone. Talynn has been very enthusiastic about SoH. Here's to busing some Elyos skulls!

Ryahl (Ry) MacBannon