Veteran's Day.

Pook

Walmart sure does have an interesting reputation but they do good too. I used to see VFW and other Vet groups outside the one in Hinesville (and they always have the Salvation Army at Christmas time).

It sucks to miss the fam and such Tyr but the time will get better. Both my brother and wife did a stint over there and neither particularly enjoyed it but it is a great....experience!;)

I remember trying to go for a free dinner a time or two at Applebee's or Golden Corral but the places are always swarming. Something about free food......

That reminds me .. one Sunday morning, about a year or so ago, I was having breakfast at a greek diner (why do they always have cheap/good sunday breakfast!?). I was in my own bubble, eating, reading a book.

Then I overheard the man in the table next to mine talking to his waitress:

Excuse me, Miss?

Yes?

Did I hear correctly that man over there is in the Army?

Well, yes.

OK. Please send his bill to me. I will pay for his breakfast.

I watched the transaction play out, including the look on the soldier's face as he scanned the restaurant, aided by the waitress, trying to make eye contact with the kind stranger that had decided to pay for his meal.

I'm not sure exactly why.. I think for many reasons all at once.. it was just very poignant to me. Sometimes it's the little things.

My boy, is spending the day at Disneyland with his new wife. But he leaves on Saturday for Korea.

He & Tyrlis will be ships that pass in the night. As soon as Tyrlis gets back tho. I'm going to get him to go look up Willis by then I bet Willis will be ready for some new friends. Luckily for Willis, His roommate from Tech school pulled the same billet. So he will at least know one person there.

Mak is like you tho Tyrlis, while he served for 6 years. For Him Veterans day is always something for someone else. Because he never served in occupied territory or hazardous location. He always feels like Veterans day is for those, that have given up more for there country then he has.