Intro--;)

Draknar

Hello!

My name is Draknar, I'm a ranger from Marchutan. Let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm 24, live in Central Florida, college graduate, full-time job as a Marketing Director.

I've been playing MMOs since I was 11, starting with UO. Played it for 2 years and then moved onto Asheron's Call. AC was my home for 4 years. I gave AC2 a shot when it came out, did not appeal to me. I was a hardcore Blizzard fan from WC and SC, so I anticipated WoW for quite some time.

I was in Vanilla WoW from release until a few months before TBC, at which point the luster began to fade for me. I took a hiatus searching for a new outlet for my MMO addiction. Gave AoC the ole college try on release for a few months. It didn't take, way too many bugs at the time. I gave WoW another shot after TBC was released. Got several months of enjoyment and then the luster began to fade again. I didn't like the direction Blizzard was going with it so I threw in the towel permanently.

Again I began my search. EVE, CoX, GW, none of them could hold my interest. I gave up on MMOs and focused on console games for awhile. Then I saw an advertisement for Aion. Looked into it, liked what I saw. They were about to start the open beta events, signed up and gave it a go. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Pre-ordered collector's edition and have been playing every day since.

Believe it or not I have been actively playing Aion since release and still not 50. This is due in part to my play schedule. Because of RL committments and preferences, I really only get 1-3 hours a day to play on work nights. I previously had been unable to play weekends until a couple months ago. On top of that, since I was in a top ranked legion, all of my play time on fort nights consisted of fortresses, so that slowed leveling progression even more.

I am always present at 8pm flips on work nights, 11pm flips are just too late for me (I don't know why the hell they changed them). Weekends I am present for both consistently.

I thoroughly enjoy PvP, as well as PvE. I'm down to group for either. I also enjoy helping people, whether it's mats, quests, hunting gankers, whatever, I'll help.

I guess that's about it.

Oh, I'm also kind of a forum junkie while I'm at work. Not as much of a junkie as Sebastien ;) lol, but I'm definitely there everyday. That is how I befriended him and how I find myself posting this intro. The legion I was in (Enigma) fell apart due to drama (sigh..).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing with everyone!

TLDR version- Cool ranger from Marchutan, MMO veteran. Your new best friend.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... I like how you wrapped that up.

I think that was his marketing professional side showing. :)

Nice to see you here Drak. We normally require someone to have grouped with us prior to invite, but since you and I have been forum bff's, we'll get you in the legion tonight and try to get a nice dredge or something like that with ya. I'm going to set up your forum access now, just to keep things moving. Please check out Chapter Policy for the all-important "new recruits" thread, and welcome to the guild.