Application - 50 Assassin

Autarkis

Hello;

I'd like to apply for your legion. I'll try to be as concise and succinct as possible, otherwise this could get lengthy as a know I am prone to the odd lengthy post. Saying that I've been sitting here for a few days thinking about how to introduce myself, well here goes.

I'm first and foremost, from Australia, apparently I have a cool accent, on the downside I'll never have better than 300 ping. Some days I get that, most days it's a lot worse. But I've learnt to live with it over the years. Yes, I'm an old gamer. My first modem was 30 baud or something ridiculous, I could see the letters forming pixel by pixel as they appeared on my screen. Good times.

My first MMO was EQ and I played that for years ... I have plenty of fond memories from my days there. I liked the Guilds I was in, first a US based one and then later a Japanese one, when the 6am raid times for the US guild got a bit too much for me. My Japanese is horrible apparently, although I discovered a fondness for anime at that time. My Japanese is still horrible, but I still watch anime. I played a Ranger called Vermillion on the Drinal server and was in the Guilds Crimson Twilight and Far East.

I resisted the urge to follow my real life friends through Star Wars, Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, etc etc ... I choose the road less travelled and stayed with EQ, resisting again the urge of the modern generation to flick from game to game always interested in the next best thing. Until we all met up again in WoW ... Which was good and I played that for a year or 2, firstly with my real life friends in their guild, and when they all left with a Singaporean Guild for high end raids and what not.

After WoW I stopped MMO's altogether for a while, played some Oblivion, actually played a lot of Oblivion ... Then I played the Witcher and then that was it with RPG's for a while, played some Total War ... actually I played a lot of Total War too. I heard about Aion, and I was vaguely interested.

5 months and 3 days ago I bought Aion. And fell in love with MMO's all over again. I soon discovered some friends to adventure with and we've been looking for a nice place to call home ever since. They should be applying shortly as well.

I have an insouciant demeanour about my play, yet deep down I like to play well and try to be the best I can be, well the best that you can be with bad ping and odd play times.

I'm impressed with your forum here, and those people of your legion I have met in my travels. I ran a PUG DP with Azerian for which his comment, " Can't talk, healing. " was the high point of the run for me.

I am looking for some like minded people to further adventure with, who see the bigger picture, but are not adverse to giving 100% when they can to experience all this game has to offer.

Edited by Autarkis

That's a great introduction - those days you invested in thinking how to do it paid off. :)

Could you talk a bit about what your typical playtimes are?

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware, but there are some services you can pay for that will reduce your ping. I think this one is the best know for aussies.

I have previously tried SmoothPing with little or no results, and having just installed LowerPing I see more of the same. I believe given the relevant Laws of Physics involved its impossible to have a better than 300ish ping from here to the East Coast of USA. Bad ping doesn't make the game unplayable for me, and my connection is typically stable, it just makes some things harder than they would otherwise be.

I work from home with flexible work hours most days, I go to the office seldomly but mostly on Sunday afternoons. Currently I try to turn up for Thursday and Friday Night fort raids US times. Mostly I am on before during and after the midday Dredge depending on if I can find a DP grp.