Joining South of Heaven

Joesafagg

Hello, i was told to leave a forum post if i was interested in joining SOH by Akerfelt and Arashan and from what ive seen of the guild website this seems like an excellent guild and hope to be accepted.So i hope the resume is up to par I've been playing MMOs for 13 years starting with EQ1, EQ2, WarHammer, Starwars Galaxies, and WoW of course. Ive spent plenty of time raiding from the planes of fear to the steps of the Lichking and I'm very patient and will listen and follow instructions as told. I was an officer in the previous guild i was in (DOH) on Quel'Dorei and helped maintain and regulate members and raid times and helped our guild leader when asked to i Also helped maintain both guilds i belonged to in EQ1 and EQ2. I recently canceled my account due to college but now i have plenty of free time so i started my account back up and found all my guild mates transferred over to Storm Reaver. I'm only level 24 but i've been playing for a night so far and will be to 85 soon.

104%20Big%20Grin.png

We're an adult guild, and some of our members are gay.

The name you've chosen for our site is unacceptable to me and demonstrates poor judgement on your part. I can't imagine why you chose to make your first impression this way, but it is disrespectful and disqualifies you from membership in this guild. Good luck with the rest of your search.

I find that very narrow minded just because i used the word fag doesn't mean it was malicious towards anyone and i find that if you make your first responses on that idea then your being sexually unaware that i am also gay but the word fag rings no bells in my mind towards my sexual orientation.

I refuse to believe that you aren't aware of what it means to most people. You've made the decision to neutralize (or ignore) its most prominent social meaning in your own mind, but you can't expect everyone else to share your point of view. By its very nature it is malicious; it shares a gravity of meaning with all the unacceptable racial slurs that float around. The fact that it's become more commonplace as a generic insult doesn't erase its connotative meaning.

Do I get sensitive sometimes? Yeah, sure; I suppose most of us do at some point. But it wouldn't be ok if someone put the n-word in their screenname and said it was ok because they're black. Or because they didn't mean it that way.

That, to me, is narrow-minded.