Team Speak Help

Akerfelt

Hey guys,Akerfelt here!I just wanted to post this thread in hopes somebody might point me in the right direction to getting my Teamspeak fixed. I've had a problem with voice communication problems since I moved into my apartment 2 months ago.Ventrillo,Mumble,and now teamspeak all seem to be unable to connect to server's,and thereby prohibit me from using any of these programs.:( I get no errors when trying to connect, other then telling me "error-unable to connect to server." I have an inkling that the problem might lie in my router firewall, but even after opening the ports needed by TS3,I'm still having no luck.If anybody could possibly brainstorm or troubleshoot with me sometime in game,or over the forums,it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks so much,and take care.:D

Honestly you should not have to forward any ports on a router unless you were the one hosting the server. Routers are session based so when you initiate a session you tell the router to allow traffic from that location back to your computer.

I would be more inclined to think it's an issue with software on the computer; AV, Firewall or OS, especially with possible recent virus activity on the computer.

It has been a while but you could install and run HijackThis with TS running then post the results here and we can rummage through that info with you.

Why don't you try running it with your AV and Firewall turned off, just to experiment.

I would say the mostly likely culprit is your AV software. You may even need to uninstall it to test that, tho. Sometimes just turning them off is not enough.

What software do you use?

Late night update! As of 3 hours ago, dropping my computer into safe-mode and reverting it BACK a month ago,somehow,amazingly, has allowed me to reinstall teamspeak and connect to our server no problem.:D My tech buddy's guess was malware of some sort, and has fully cleared the problem for me.Thanks so much to everyone who dropped a thread here,or many a paragraph of tech support in game to me!