Guild Application - Franz

franzks

Hello people of SoH, I'm Franz and I'm really interested to join your guild for Guild Wars 2. I discovered your thread on GW2Guru and got attracted to how mature your guild seems to be. Regarding activity, I'll come clean: I'm not a hardcore player. My priority will always be school and academics, but that doesn't mean that you will only rarely see me in-game.

Reason for joining...

Originally I had planned to simply play the game and look for a guild by meeting people in-game, but then I read all about the explorable dungeon mode and realized that I would need a reasonable and organized group of people to play with for us not to fail a hundred times with PUGs - and SoH seems to be that group of reasonable and organized players.

Ok a little info about me...

Name: Franz

IGN: Not yet decided

Type of player: Casual

Focus: More on PVE and WvW, but not really allergic to structured PVP

Recent Gaming Background...

Played a little of WoW (private server only, can't afford the monthly rate). Played StarCraft 2 and reached Gold and I felt that I was about to get ranked up to Platinum because I was already facing mostly Platinum opponents - I stopped however because it started to become REALLY stressful for a casual player to play at the Gold-Platinum level because of the lack of daily practice.

Im puzzled cause actually this is my skill level in Sc2, altho i dont practice much, i beat plat level , but i used to lose to Silver and gold(i just suck at macro game style) Welcoem to the forums Franz and i hope to see you around sometimes... also you can hook me up for some game of SC2 if you want !

Hello Franz -- welcome!

Ashin is right.... I'm worried the time difference might restrict how often you could group with us. At the time of this post it's morning here in the states but it's almost 10pm there. (you're roughly GMT +8 whereas we are roughly GMT -5)

Let us know! and thank you :)

It depends on the schedule I get when classes start in June. If I get mostly afternoon classes, I can play in the morning and that would mean evening for you guys. For StarCraft2 I actually played on the North American servers, not the SEA one because NA had more players which meant less queue times. If I get morning classes there's always the weekends, right? Or will I not be allowed in the guild if I can only group with you guys during weekends?

... Or will I not be allowed in the guild if I can only group with you guys during weekends?

There's no such requirement, Franz. I was just thinking on your behalf, hoping to make your gaming experience with us as optimal as possible. If playing with us when your schedule allows is acceptable to you, even if it's limited to weekends, that's fine with me (we have lots of folks here who lead busy lives as well).

Welcome aboard! You'll be granted Guest status until the game goes retail, after which you will be promoted to Recruit. Once a short 30-day trial period has passed, you will be granted Member status.

Don't be a stranger on forums! Please engage in the ongoing discussions as much as you like :)

There's no such requirement, Franz. I was just thinking on your behalf, hoping to make your gaming experience with us as optimal as possible. If playing with us when your schedule allows is acceptable to you, even if it's limited to weekends, that's fine with me (we have lots of folks here who lead busy lives as well).

Welcome aboard! You'll be granted Guest status until the game goes retail, after which you will be promoted to Recruit. Once a short 30-day trial period has passed, you will be granted Member status.

Don't be a stranger on forums! Please engage in the ongoing discussions as much as you like :)

Oh it's fine with me. I can simply explore the world and do some solo PvE on weekdays and leave the serious dungeons for the weekends. Now I'm really excited, not only do I get to play what seems to be a revolutionary and very fun MMO, but I got a chance to be accepted into a guild that is equally as fun!