Guild Wars 2 (re)Application

Valcrist

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :p (and hopefully this time for keeps)

My name is Dan and I'm applying for membership in South of Heaven. I was a provisional member back around the time Guild Wars 2 launched but my work responsibilities exploded on me and I was not able to dedicate the time required for the guild. With the upcoming holiday period, I believe I should be better able to do that, and in general I don't expect there to be an explosion quite like that again for some time.

As far as the in-game details go, my 'main' is a L80 Sylvari Thief named Valcrist, and I'm in the process of leveling my alt, a Sylvari Mesmer (apparently I like Sylvari?). I've run dungeons with some of you in the past, and play actively with Hatius and Bim due to us being RL friends. I'm also friends with two other incoming recruits - PhaseVIII and Dropship. I do mostly PvE, but have recently been trying out PvP to test builds and find that I love it and am apparently halfway decent at it.

I'm a West Coaster, so you'll usually find me on later in the day, especially by merit of working a relative 9-5. In the daytime, I'm a Program Manager for Microsoft. I work on Windows in the User Experience team, so if you don't like the new Windows 8 UI I'm the perfect person to yell at :p

Other than that, I enjoy mixology but don't actually drink that much, I'm an active player of games (with a particular focus on League of Legends lately), and I have two kittens named Arya and Artemis. I also enjoy reading and other nerdly pursuits. If you haven't yet, and like fantasy, I strongly recommend The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It's amazing.

Well, that's about it for me. It's good to be back.

Theo!! I missed you my friend :)

I'm delighted to have you back in the fold, and I'm very glad to finally have your game focus! All the same goodies still apply...

I'm going to get you set up with Recruit access, so you can look over the following threads.

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here
  • Pre-flight check list here

Go go go Theo!!