DopeFïsh - Shadow Priest Application

DopeFïsh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, because I tend to bounce ideas off of the people I am grouping with quite often, just ask Dililah, so I would hope that the give and take is something you can work with. I'm seeing you use cascade on all the fights in HoF that you've completed so far, except for Wind Lord. Why is that? I see that it is also being used sometimes to heal for Garalon and Blade Lord, but not Imperial, so I am curious as to if your raid simply needs the extra heals or if you prefer them on those fights for some other reason? Following up with that, on your latest fight against Garalon you used Cascade to heal quite a bit, but didn't appear to use VE at all, this also happened on Imperial, but on that fight Cascade was used solely for DPS purposes.

I can't sleep and so I decided I would poke around, and these are just some things that caught my eye, again this is all for constructive purposes! Please share your thoughts! Look forward to hearing back from ya.

Edit: One big question that I forgot to ask earlier: Do you not use any DoT-Timers or Castbar addons?

Edited by Twelvesoft

Elvui, Tidyplates. So I can see which targets have what in front of me. I know everyone has a use for DoT timers, or Spriest timers, but after testing and using them seemed to just be more of an annoyance on my screen. Especially since most are meant for single target. I hate to have to much going on my screen, I even toss combat text off to the right of my UI. Which I have been lately thinking of getting rid of.

I couldn't sleep much either, finished some programming fun times for class.

One of the healers requested that I didn't for heals unless they called for it. Just like VE I was saving it until it was called for. I never forget it is there, but most of the time it was not requested. I do pop it when I see heavy damage going out, on Wind Lord for example was using them as a CD to give healers an extra support on rotations. It was a test to see how beneficial 3 spriest tossing up VE would be.

Cascade on Garalon on the last fight, I could swear I had Divine Star out. Perhaps a mishap. I know on Protectors I had forgotten to switch to Cascade. I was caught up in whispers and brain farted on switching back to it, while discussing the new spriest app they had so my performance on that fight was below my standard.

I have been testing out DS more this past week since the buff and found it more beneficial versus Cascade on certain fights. I do know that on Wind Lord I did not want to use it in case of accidental CC pop. So I stuck again with DS thinking it would work best vs Halo only working at Max Range. Minimizing CC breaking was my main thought. The returns I was getting for Damage is decent as well as the Healing, which I was getting 30k Heals, and 50-60k crits, without raid buffs. I have not taken a look at it since however.

Was looking at a personal log I took the other day. I used DS on pretty much every fight. The pug preferred to stack so much, it just seemed like default talent choice for me. So looking at the damage on Feng and hitting the number of hits I was getting for Heals and DMG was better then sticking with Cascade in that fight. Short CD allows for it to be more beneficial in my eyes. However, this is still a work in progress as I do not have enough data to even make it look relevant yet, in a 25M setting.

I find it a little strange that Halo is barely even discussed in your response, since it is our highest single target lvl90 talent for dps, and also heals for a decent amount at the same time. There are certainly some fights where DS is miles ahead, mainly wherever it isn't possible to be at 25 yards, such as Feng and Imperial Vizier, and some where Cascade is better, Elegon, Tsulong, and Amber Shaper, but for just about every fight I rarely see anyone use anything other than Halo. Is there a reason that you don't like to use it as much?