DopeFïsh - Shadow Priest Application

DopeFïsh

Pleasure to meet both of you as well, Ashin and Inedit? I hope I got her name correct, apologies if not.

It came down to having more awareness with BW. I have not used DBM since TBC. I changed over in Cata to BW, when I was messing with my UI at the time. I felt it to be more lightweight and appealing for myself. I also got used to the Audio cue vs the visual that DBM offers.

They both I am quite sure are on the same level, but it will come down to the individual of which they feel is better suited for them.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used BigWigs for most of Cata, and I feel that if you're judging them as pieces of software, there is no question that BW is better than DBM. However, every now and then DBM would be more prompt about updating a timer, or they would include things that BW didn't have. I dislike the bloat and organization of DBM, but at the end of the day I resigned to the fact that having everything, and manually turn stuff off, was better than having most things in a well organized fashion.

Lately I have been thinking of going back to BW - Spirit Kings in particular is making me really dislike the fact that DBM doesn't sort its timer bars according to time remaining. So use of the emphasis bar seems required in order to make sense of it, and I'm just not fond of that. But there's a definite advantage to having everyone use the same mod. So I'm conflicted about the whole thing.

I was in the same position you were in when I was starting out tanking in Cata. It honestly felt bloated...and I was using a modified UI that did not coordinate with DBM to well, but that was just my issue. Moot, but made me take a look at BW and just be much happier in the long run.

Thank you Hip! My apologies I should have edited the post to include a link.

Here as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Dopef%C3%AFsh/simple

Hello Merriwhizzle! :)

Well, there are four Major Glyphs that are considered useful. Mind Spike, Dispersion, Mind Flay and Dark Binding. I find myself preferring the other three versus a speed boost on my part. Do I have it? Of course, but I have yet to make good use of it in a raid setting compared to the others.

If I was to honestly change to MF glyph from MS, it would only be when I was no longer utilizing FDCL and going with Mindbender instead. Which I have done before and in some fights has proven more useful with a 1 minute CD versus a 15% proc. Still messing with it from time to time.

This seems very strange to me. Seeing as how much we suffer when we have to move, I have found that it is almost always more useful to have that bonus speed from Mind Flay, I have also yet to run into a situation where I needed to use dispersion but it was on cooldown. I would also argue that there are more than 4 that are considered useful, and that the Dispersion glyph is far from being one of them. Just my thoughts on the matter though.

*I should have stated that I consider useful.*

I would rather have the 15 sec off Dispersion, but I have never found myself needing that extra speed personally. I believe it just comes with flavor of the player. I do not see this as a game breaking mechanic in any of the fights. Especially, when I just choose the talent Body and Soul, for that moment I may need that burst of speed.

As for personally only seeing 4 being viable. What are the others you are seeing as a benefit? Unless, you are mentioning the Mass Dispel, or VE glyph? Which I have not ran into a fight where I may need to pick those up specifically yet.

Edited by DopeFïsh

MD is helpful for about 2 fights that I've seen, wouldn't consider it useful for anything else. Inner Sanctum is useful for any fight with raid spell damage being taken. I have yet to use the VE glyph either. My main thing with the Mind Flay glyph is that it is almost always up, so it saves you from having to burn your PW:S, and if you do end up needing it, it is only after a few seconds of already accelerated run speed. There are many fights in the game where getting in and out fast is very important, especially in heroic modes. Don't mean to come off as confrontational, was just curious, as you say everyone has their own flavor.