Cassabry - Protection Paladin

Cassabry

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am my own worst critic.

It seems thats working out well for you in terms of spell usage/toon maintenance

What tools are you using for multi-target threat?

Awesome question. I miss Righteous Defense something fierce...I was so spoiled with it. I use the Tidy Plates threat option (not threat plates) but they're buggy and inconsistent. When I pull trash, I always mark a skull. Keep people on one target so I can get threat on everything else. My Vuhdo is set up to show aggro, so if anyone other than the tanks light up, I use target of target to taunt off them. I'd be curious to know how another fellow pally that lost righteous defense is doing this.

yeah I was sad to see RD go away, no multi target taunt mechanic is rough at times.

I use threat plates and havent noticed any issue with them, I hadn't considered using Vuhdo for that purpose, an interesting insight, thanks.

I have Targetoftarget macros set up for HoP, Salv, HoS to make life easier for tracking down straying mobs. It sounds like you accomplisht he same with your keybinds/macros but may consider using this with all your hand spells as well. I do try to keep my salvs for tank swaps during boss pulls and HoPs for various mechanics.

to that point Clemency is a useful tool for Spirit Kings and Windlord for breaking people out of the Pinning Arrow/Amber Trap mechanics (well it used to when we let trappers be free).

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think you're doing a fine job with your application process.

Who is Sunnier?

This is her blog: http://sunniersartofwar.com/

While searching for strat info during T13, I had come across her blog a few times. She's had a few interviews/podcasts over the years on some pretty high profile WoW sites. I know Theck had a link on his blog to her post on weakauras. She also has a Twitter account, so she's had some nice exposure in the WoW community.

Hello again Cassabry,

So I'd like to ask you a few more questions. How would you feel about late night adventures into different games (i.e. starcraft 2, planetside 2, diablo 3, etc.)? We are a very social guild and like to have events like holiday socials, sober/drunk random bgs, cigar, and wine time. We also have a tendency to spend our days at work talking in the chatroom. :p We like to have relationships with one another outside of the game. Do you think this would be a good environment for you?

I'm a very curious lad and you seem to be getting along with everyone well. :)

Hi again Negido,

Just hearing you describe the guild makes it all the more attractive. I love that you guys genuinely like each other. I'll say, I'm a 1 game girl. I played Diablo 3 during the lull before MoP, but other than that, I haven't really gotten in to other games. Although, I played the last Zelda release, but that doesn't really count.

I love the chatroom thing though. We used to do that in one of my previous guilds and I loved it. With my new job, I don't have any time to breath during the day, but I'd love to think I will in the future.

Although, I do love a good cigar and I'm dying to work on challenge modes, so I'd be up for some cigars and golds, if that counts :p

It all counts! We just have a very active social environment outside of WoW. We don't like just logging on, raiding, then disappearing until next raid time.

I see what you mean as far as one game is concerned. However, be warned. I will try to coerce you and others to come into another game randomly. :)

I'm glad to see you're on par with the social environment!

Oh, and I'll set up your chat room access. Lady tank with cigar is certain intriguing!

Are you available this weekend for a mumble interview? I think Sunday afternoons have historically worked well for me and Hip, but my schedule on the weekends is generally more flexible than his.