Cassabry - Protection Paladin

Cassabry

Character: Cassabry

Class/Spec: Protection Paladin (OS: Ret)

Name: Kendra

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/baelgun/Cassabry/advanced

UI: http://i233.photobuc.../Screenshot.jpg

Logs:

http://worldoflogs.c.../3/?s=230&e=649

http://worldoflogs.c...ard/?enc=bosses

A little bit about what I'm looking for

2 of my last 3 guilds disbanded and I want nothing more than to find a solid guild to call home for a very long time. The two most important things I'm looking for in a guild are 1) great atmosphere and 2) solid progression.

I want to log on everyday to people I enjoy being around. I love a friendly atmosphere, people that are fun to be around, people that truly enjoy the game. I'm also a huge achievement junkie, so fellow junkies are always welcome =) Ideally a group of people that finds as much enjoyment in researching and strategizing between progression nights as they do the face time in front of the boss. I love being around people that genuinely love to raid and enjoy pushing the limits of progression.

From everything I've read on your recruitment forum and website, I feel South of Heaven totally matches I'm looking for. I also appreciate and enjoy the responses all the members give on these applications, that really says a lot about the overall personality of the guild.

What can I offer you

I'm very easy going and as drama free as a person can be. I'm very dedicated – I've missed 2 raid nights in the last 2 years. I love contributing to a guild and being part of a team. I enjoy being part of strategy discussions on the forums during off nights, I'm always running live logs and don't mind being a back up on logs if needed, I've made guild videos and helped with recruitment in the past. I'm always up for running old content if someone needs help with achievements and I'd love to start working on challenge modes soon. I find a 25 man atmosphere more fulfilling and it would be like coming home to be back on a 25 man team.

As a raider, I'm focused and won't make the same mistake twice. Although, I may have started trash pulls more than once with my archaeology survey tool on instead of my sacred shield >.> I think my callouts are clear and I'm vocal between pulls if I feel there's something that can be a quick fix.

I'm always ready to hop on Ret if needed. Although, my gear is lacking right now, I keep on top of the spec, keep fully gemmed and use the best enchants. I usually run LFR as Ret so I don't get rusty on the rotation.

My playstyle, gear, gemming/reforge priorities, etc.

I'm a huge fan of Theck over in the paladin theory crafting community. He came up with game changing data sets and sims a few months ago. The TLDR; was hit > hard cap expertise, then it was a toss up between mastery and haste. He ran silly amounts of parses covering countless scenarios, long fights, short fights, burst attacks, spread out attacks, etc and it was so close overall, it really comes down to personal choice. I've chosen haste for the slight boost in DPS it gives and for serious progression, tank DPS totally matters.

Gemming started off focusing on stamina and either hit or expertise, but now that I'm at the caps, I'm slowly moving toward haste in my gems.

I'm a huge fan of Epeen Bot. If I'm parsing too low on a specific fight, then I know I'm failing at my rotation somehow and I need to fix it, unless it's some crazy strat causing low numbers. It's a great tool in combination with world of logs which I think is the greatest thing since the invention of chocolate. Although, chocolate is still better :p After every raid, one of the first things I'll check on WoL's is boss up time and CD usage. If either is low, it gives me something to work on next time I raid. I'm also one for geeking it up for hours trying to extrapolate data..such as spending too many countless hours trying to figure out the overheals during Yor'sahj progression.

Before MoP launched I had made a whole new set of weak auras to incorporate new abilities like Sacred Shield and Holy Avenger. But I found it horribly awkward in practice and my logs were showing poor usage and my Epeen scores were really low. So I revamped everything to a much simpler weak aura set up and my usage on everything shot up. To me, it's that constant feeling of wanting to improve.

MoP brought a lot of personal choices for each fight with the new talents and glyphs. I do spend time a lot of time thinking about the best set up for a fight. A few examples are Hand of Purity for Stoneguards and Feng, Speed of Light for Zor'lok and Ta'yak, Long Arm of the Law for Sha (awesome for grabbing bubbles on the platform), glyphed holy wrath for the adds on Elegon and Tsulong.

Guild History

There's been a few guilds I've joined along that way that turned out to be poor fits, but my primary history includes:

Axiom – Icecrown (Sept 2010 – May 2011) – Great guild with amazing people, but they disbanded during T11

11/12H Icecrown

6/13H

Blood Sweat and Tiers – Destromath (Sept 2011 – May 2012) – Another great guild with a lot of good people, I was just ready for much more solid progression

6/7H T12

8/8H T13

Full Spectrum – Alleria (May 2012- October 2012) – I joined a second raiding team they put together primarily for MoP that sadly disbanded shortly in to the expansion.

6/6 MSV and 2/6 HoF

2/6H MSV

Currently in Taint on Baelgun – They're a brand new guild and we've taken down 16/16 normal, 1 heroic in about 3 weeks so far.

Extra

There's very few guilds I see that match the whole package of what I'm looking for and SoH most definitely does. I see you've gotten a lot of interest in the tank spot and if things don't work out now, I'd love to be considered down the road if a spot did open up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey -- thanks for stopping by and posting.

Could you kindly specify why you're seeking to leave the brand new guild so soon? You mention what you're looking for, however I'm curious how it ties back to Taint (i.e. is it only the desire to move back to 25s and if yes, why join a new 10M guild in the first place?).

Also, could you share a bit about your life outside of WoW? Anything going on with you that would result in you missing raids?

Thanks!

Hi Inedit,

That's a really fair and good question. I'm respectful of the fact I'm on a public forum and I am still currently with Taint, so I think I will try to find you in game and share my reasons. Again, it's an excellent question. It honestly has nothing to do with 25 vs. 10 man raiding. I've done both now and enjoy both for different reasons. I've also been looking at 10 man guilds. Some things aren't deal breakers, such as horde vs. alliance, although my heart lies with horde <3. It's that way with 10 or 25, although, overall I found 25 more fulfilling.

On a personal note, I'm a property manager for 3 Tax Credit/Affordable properties. It's an interesting, crazy, busy line of work. I love coffee and chocolate and reading and anything on Discovery ID, I'm usually on the golf course in the summer and playing WoW too much in the winter :p

My 8 year old niece lives with me on the weekends and usually stays over once during the week. I have 2 nephews and 2 nieces, 6, 8, 8 and 10 years old who spend a lot of time at my house and I love them to pieces. In the last year, I've missed 1 raid with notice, so I truly don't have anything that will interfere with raids.

Hi Cass welcome to the forums!

I had planned to ask about some Ret type things but something else just jumped out at me. On the armory you're wearing 2 pieces of Raid Finder Tier, but your helm is Ret and your shoulders are Prot. I'm curious why'd you'd forego the Prot 2p and I think it's just a mishap but some clarification would be nice (: