Láthus - Holy/Disc Priest 10/16 HC

Láthus

Hello!

I am posting this to greet myself to the officers and members of the guild. I am currently seeking a new home for hardcore top progression raiding!

Me:

Láthus - Holy Main spec, Disc Offspec{yuck}

I am going to skip straight to the formalities first, because my game play speaks for itself.

My Experience:

• I have raided both in top 100 US guilds, top 50 US guilds, and casual nobody guilds alike.
  • I take great pride in my experience and gameplay, I have achieved a lot in my 7+ years as a healer

Progression:

• Currently 10/16 HC 6/6 MSV 4/6 HoF and 4/4 Normal ToES

Vanilla: Cleared up to AQ40 pre nerfs

Burning Crusade: Cleared up to KJ pre nerfs in a top 100 US guild called Black Blood Battalion on Medivh

WoTLK: Went semi hardcore-casual. Cleared Naxx pre nerfs on 10 man, and some 25 mans. Cleared Sarth/Malygos pre nerfs. The rest of the expansion, I was mostly casual but still cleared content in a timley manner, including chest runs in ToGC.

Late into WoTLK I got back into semi-hardcore raiding and joined a guild for heroic progression before cata was released.

Cata: Cleared everything on normal, then transfered to raid with Cadia, a top 40 US guild clearing heroic content. I cleared up to heroic nefarian with them, and up to heroic twilight council. THe leadership then disbanded and the guild disolved.

THe rest of the xpac, I raided in a couple guilds clearing things on normal on a casual basis.

MoP: I didn't plan on playing MoP, then I found a guild that was working on creating a hardcore roster. My issues with the guild lie in the poor leadership, and lack of communications with raid members. Too much goofing off in raids, wasting my precious IRL time.

About me: I am 25 years old, I live in downtown chicago. I am a professional modern/jazz/contemporary dancer in the city performing for various artists.

Hey Lathus,

I'm happy to see your app so quickly, and look forward to talking tonight. Before then I have a few questions.

First, as I mentioned, for our team Holy is a much better fit than Disc. So I'm interested in having you that way. However, Disc was definitely considered the stronger spec this tier. Could you explain a bit why you stuck with Holy? What do you like about it over Disc? What does Holy bring to our raid team that other specs can't or don't do as well? Likewise, what do you think is the weakness of that spec?

Second, can you talk to me some more about your current level of motivation? I'm a little nervous that you sat out of T12 and T13 because you were "meh" on the raids, and then tha tyou weren't originally intending to play Mists at all. Are you into it now? If I take you am I recruiting a long term teammate?

Speaking of the long term, talk to me about your recent guild history:

http://www.wowtrack.org/character/244005

I notice you have already been in three guilds this expansion, and you've only been with Conflux since mid-January. Loyalty is very important to me, particularly since our progression makes us very attractive to recruitment officers from the top 20 guilds. What's with the guild hopping this expansion? If you haven't been able to find a good home - tell me what constitutes a good home. What sort of guild would be attractive to you in the long run?

I will ask my healing officer to review your logs shortly. He may have some more specific feedback, but I wanted to ask some general questions.

Hey Lathus,

I'm happy to see your app so quickly, and look forward to talking tonight. Before then I have a few questions.

First, as I mentioned, for our team Holy is a much better fit than Disc. So I'm interested in having you that way. However, Disc was definitely considered the stronger spec this tier. Could you explain a bit why you stuck with Holy? What do you like about it over Disc? What does Holy bring to our raid team that other specs can't or don't do as well? Likewise, what do you think is the weakness of that spec?

Second, can you talk to me some more about your current level of motivation? I'm a little nervous that you sat out of T12 and T13 because you were "meh" on the raids, and then tha tyou weren't originally intending to play Mists at all. Are you into it now? If I take you am I recruiting a long term teammate?

Speaking of the long term, talk to me about your recent guild history:

http://www.wowtrack....haracter/244005

I notice you have already been in three guilds this expansion, and you've only been with Conflux since mid-January. Loyalty is very important to me, particularly since our progression makes us very attractive to recruitment officers from the top 20 guilds. What's with the guild hopping this expansion? If you haven't been able to find a good home - tell me what constitutes a good home. What sort of guild would be attractive to you in the long run?

I will ask my healing officer to review your logs shortly. He may have some more specific feedback, but I wanted to ask some general questions.

1) I didn't stick with holy actually, i was disc the majority of this tier because I felt like carrying the other guild members through content :p I did clear *some* fights as holy for first kills. Recently, I returned to said fights as holy and was surprised by how well it really did if played correctly. I have always considered myself a holy priest first, but was never shy to being a disc priest for different mechanics.

As far as comparing them, it's hard. They are so different in what they do. Holy is far superior to disc in terms of raw HPS, but disc is far superior in terms of stopping damage. Although, in 5.2 the gap is closed to 50/50 realistically.

Holy was never not strong this tier, it was under represented because of how ridiculously OP disc was in terms of negating damage. There are plenty of fights that I cleared as holy, and had other members of my guild not been bad at avoiding things and timing raid cooldowns better. I would have been holy a good chunk.

2) My motivation, I have endless amounts of motivation. My motivation in the cata tiers was due to cadia disbanding. They were a freaking awesome guild and them disbanding hurt me a lot in many ways. The server they were on was not the most populated server, and no one was recruiting. I stuck around for a bit before I decided to go casual and join some lower end guilds just to clear content.

Later in the xpac I decided I wanted to go PVP full time because I could just not find a decent guild that needed me.

3) I have been with conflux since mid November actually. Wowtrack is a bit inaccurate due to me only adding my character on it early in January. Conflux is the only guild I have been in since MoP was launched, I didn't buy the xpac till about a month after it was out, school was a bit hectic but I am no longer in school now.

The first guild I was in for MoP, was the one i ended Cata with doing pvp.

The second guild I joined just to help them out between transitioning to a new higher tier guild after transfering back to Area-52 from Tichondrus.

I am by no means a guild hopper, wow track is just sketchy with updating by itself... it never does unless someone manually updates your characters.

The Priest 4PC makes Holy competitive imo, and incredibly more fun because the increased mobility; 4sec CoH is op. I love it for H Garalon because the Echo ticks and Sanctuary passive heals during Crushes. And even though you HAVE to do Holy for Tsulong I enjoyed it more because of all the movement required.

I'm going to miss this tiers 4PC, I think it has been my absolute favorite, and most useful, of any tier to date.

Wow nice to see someone from Lightninghoof. I was on that realm for most of TBC and the first tier of wrath and I remember guilds like Cadia and Sublime being very strong back then. Sad to see them both being shadows of what they once were. Such is the nature of the game, but it was a very good realm back then. Good luck on your app.