Namour 509 Hunter

Namour

I noticed at least 2x where what you are describing occurred. Also see a number of times it worked fine. I think it is debatable whether the simplicity of one key press for 2 actions compensates for the minor damage loss (on non crits, looks like the different is about 20-30k damage). From a true max min standpoint, better to separate. From the realities of my reactions times as a human, I am not so sure I would actually do better. I do appreciate knowing about the trade-off, though. Thank you for pointing that out!

You could strike a balance and go with a castsequence macro:

#showtooltip

/castsequence Bestial Wrath, Kill Command

It would require you to 'double tap' the bind, but it would change how it is received by the server; 1 button, no unbuffed KC's =)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun: you can also take advantage of the spell queue and server lag to buff 2 spells with a "next ability" buff. For example: my Unleash Elements as Ele gives me a % dmg buff to my next fire spell. If I chain an instant FS to the end of a LvB cast, they are BOTH buffed (since they register on the same global).

The thing with cast sequence is not really depend on you mostly and how quickly you're pressing the sequence but how good your latency is. Sequence won't progress until you get confirmation from the server that previous spell in sequence fired successfully. That takes a certain amount of ms time. Which gets worse if latency is worse and accumulates with the length of the sequence. This is part of the reason why castsequence isn't great for dps macros. It's slower than if you just press the separate buttons and you can't spell queue. Eventually with a long enough sequence, you'll see that you can cast an extra spell just pressing the separate spell button in the same span of time you cast the sequence with the same spell. In any case what you're seeing is what you're supposed to end up with.

The difference could literally be something as simple as "yesterday my latency was worse than today" or downloading something" so my castsequence isn't working as well. The intentional limitations of castsequence is why it shouldn't be used for core spells. It won't make your rotation easier because it can hang up for any number of reasons. You might believe you used all the spells in the sequence, but often you haven't and that's the reason it hasn't reset to start.

Hi all,

Just posting belatedly to inform everyone that we've accepted Namous on trial. Due to his schedule constraints, he has agreed to be flexible in terms of how we organize his raid time. This is kind of an experiment for both parties, so we're going to see how it all works out.

Namour, first you will want to head to guild policy, review our code of conduct, and sign to indicate your understanding and consent. Within the WoW forum, there are a few places to point out. First is Chapter Policy, which contains a listing of guild rules specific to WoW and to our raiding team. In particular, note the thread describe our points system for looting, and the add-on required for use. Second is the Raiding subforum, which contains the week's itinerary. There are even more subforums there, and one of them contains all our strategy discussions per fight. The threads tend to be conversational / organic, and we do a bad job of updating the OP to reflect the final verdict, but you should make an effort to review them.

Lastly, can you please tell us your availability this week and, specifically, are you around on Thursday?

Welcome to the guild.