Renew Membership

latino77

To all the officers in SOH I am request to renew my membership. I was let known that I would have to wait a month after being let go. Unfortunately when I was a member I had a family situation that I had to deal with and could not let any officers know. Hopefully I will be renewed, I really liked being in SOH and would be happy to rejoin. DeathCreeper

I don't know how to answer that question since I was going to WvWs when Ty was giving "how tos" and I've asked guild members instead of doing a pug so SOH can advance. Maybe I'd ask more on the dallies since I haven't much of that and join more WvWs. I can't control life crisis but I surely will try to let a fellow guild member if I can.Thanks

It's unfortunate that during your last go-round there were substantial RL issues that prevented you from participating fully. I hope that's been resolved sufficiently and to your benefit.

As a Chapter, we are a group of independent players who seek each other out when groups are needed and/or wanted. From what I recall, one of our primary concerns was that you didn't pursue a "guild first" attitude when grouping for dungeons. We've covered this before, so I won't beleaguere the point. Suffice it to say that, while we don't expect you to wait forever for a guild group, more than a cursory request may be required. (I personally have waited hours for a full guild group ^^)

Friday night reset participation is also expected. Now that server reset is later, 8p CST, it might make it more problematic but no one, save those w/ extensive computer issues, is absolved of this responsibility. I require at least one hour if you're online.

As always, your overall participation is gauged by a combination of things: in-game activity, mumble and g/chat use. This Chapter has a bevy of Veteran and Senior Members, all of whom vote on Recruits wishing to join Member ranks. Please keep that in mind during your 30-day trial b/c each of this individuals has one vote and those that abstain b/c they have not had sufficient contact will be viewed as "no."

I'm ok with another trial, but I feel Huntyre asks a pertinent question. If he's satisfied w/ your response, then we're good to go.

I'm more than a little concerned that you aren't sure what it was that resulted in a "no" vote last time around. Understandably, if you aren't sure of where the disconnect was, then you have no way to address it.

You say that you'd ask the guild so that it can advance. It's less about the guild advancing and more about our members WANTING to play with one another. It's one of the things that differentiates us from being a faceless guild to a personal community. If all you're interested in is running dungeons, we can just add each other to our friends list. There's nothing wrong with that. But you don't need a guild to do that.

It sounds like Fera has spoken to you in the past about certain things, so I'll just ask some questions to possibly guide us.

1. If no one currently in guild, do you go to LFG / GW2LFG or wait a bit and see if anyone logs on?

2. What else do you enjoy about GW2, besides the PvE content?

3. What are you looking forward to in future updates?

4. What is it you specifically like about SoH?

5. What is your favorite topic in our forums?

6. What would you bring to the table if you were a member of SoH?

Huntyre, if I might add, I was let go not because of no participation but because I was absent and officers did not know why. It was a family emergency and had no chance to let anyone know. Whenever guildies recommended to do dungeons with the guild instead of pugs because it benefits SoH in points I stopped . I also went to most teachings when Tyris held them. The answer to your questions: 1. I'd wait a bit, 2. WvW, helping other guildies in any problems they have. 3. Playing in worlds that have truly different storylines and event experiences. and allowing guilds to go on missions together. 4. Definitely the officers and guild members that offer, without hesitation, to help one when needed. 5. Everything in GW2 gameplay is in the forums and quick responses to questions. 6.Attend more WvW and notify an officer or guildie(when possible) that I will absent for the certain amount of time. DC

I don't mind giving you another trial period, but you'll need to step up your own level of effort as a player and as a guild member. When you first joined us you had never been in WvW, but you expressed interest in going there. Did you do any research on WvW? Look at the maps? Learn some of the basics? Everyone in SoH, myself included, is willing to help and to teach, but that doesn't mean we should need to explain things easily available on the wiki or even in these forums.

You'll also need to have a presence in /g chat and on the boards. You posted 8 times before this thread, and 2 of those 8 were on your app thread. Most of my communication with you was through whispers, and I rarely saw you talking in /g chat. How are we to learn about you if you're not communicating with the guild?

You seem to have realized how great our little community is here. Unfortunately, to maintain this community, we need to be picky about the sort of people we bring in. You have to show us that you want to be one of us, and we have to get to know you well enough to know that you belong here.