Zinem the Warrior's social application

Zinem

Greetings, internet people!

My name is Toby, and I seek entrance into guild, on a social or alt-raiding level. I've never been good at talking about myself, so forgive me if I seem to ramble a bit. The short of it is, I am currently 23 years old, and I work in retail. Not very exciting thus far! However, this means that I have a pretty set schedule, and a good amount of availability. Also, I dislike people in real life, so who needs a social life! That's what my games are for. I am much more comfortable here. ANYWAY.

I came to this server because, well... a friend of mine told me to! I think you know him, as he's currently in your guild. Tiny is the name he goes by, I believe. Man, you should have heard the praises he was giving you guys when he first joined... it was like a kid with a new puppy. Pretty funny stuff. However, it did also serve to pique my interest! And, as my current / previous guild was falling apart in Wyrmrest Accord, I felt that a change was in order. So here I am.

Now, for the unfortunate news. I'm pretty new to WoW, and very new to WoW raiding in general. I played for a very, very brief amount of time when the game first came out, never accomplished much of anything, and then ignored it for a long time. I got back into it about, oh... 4 months ago? So yeah, I'd call that pretty fresh. Now, I did come over from SWTOR, where my guild and I pretty much crushed everything, so I have a decent amount of MMO experience. Though, just not with all the eccentricities of this particular game. I'm a fast learner though! I've run every raid multiple times in LFR, so I do know the basics. I know that must not be a great pedigree to you folks, but I figure it counts for something. The real reason for being here, though, is that I am wholeheartedly interested in not only raiding, but raiding well, and getting better. And from what I've read, and from how much Tiny can't shut up about you all, well.. I figure this is a good place to acquire that learning. So I sure hope you'll have me!

Oh, right, almost forgot to put the information about my character! Level 90, Protection-spec Warrior. iLevel 502 currently.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toby comes with my highest recommendations as both a person and a player. I figured it would be good for him to be part of a really active PvE guild since he started playing only recently and is interested in starting to raid. Stormreaver's an active server compared to where he came from and I thought that maybe it might be a good place for him to see some content in our alt raid or catch some pugs. Either way, he's cool people and I think he'll fit in very well.

:thumbup:

Edited by Tinymanz

Hi Toby! I think Inedit asks the most important question.

I think our alt raid frequently needs a tank, but keep in mind it is extremely casual and just meets once per week on Sundays.

Tell me why you hate people and how that will help you establish yourself as a social member. :)

Alright, first question! I work for a semi-national chain called H H Gregg. Major appliances, electronics... That sort of thing. We get stuff at cost, which can be good or bad, depending on what it is.

Secondly, I am completely okay with a more casual schedule. I think that would be great, given my experience. Or lack there of. It's a step in the right direction, and a good way to learn. Which is all I could ask for. Plus, my store is only open until 7 pm on Sunday, so there shouldn't be any issues of availability.

And lastly, I don't hate people. After five years in retail, though, customers can tend to wear on you, and that's where most of my social interactions take place. So online, especially in a gaming setting, people are great! I'm actually a pretty friendly person.