Porch - Hunter

Porch

Hello ladys and gents of SoH

Me :D - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Porch/simple

Irl me - https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/24083_101299449905313_4111649_n.jpg

Logs - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0klp959ni7dxmmy2/

Picture of a cat -https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMQvthccRoXqsAX6hImFQJtfDW3nxcbFBifbzAzVAx8zhyAIU2UQ

My name is Kevin, I play the hunter Porch of US stormreaver. I have been playing hunters since t9, and began serious Hc raiding in T12. I raided in a top 20 Us guild till mist, and took a break from wow, returning roughly 3/4 of the way through T14. I did not enjoy raiding 6 days a week 35+ hours. I have been a large part of almost any hunter community I take part in, mostly on an individual basis. I have 3 alt hunters, and play them as often as I can.

So that's wow. Irl, I am a medical assisting student (graduating in 2 weeks) currently residing in california. After I graduate I plan to relocate to Iowa, I hear they have amazing corn. Outside of wow, my primary hobbies are cars and computers, I started building/racing cars when I was 17, self taught I went on to be a dealership mechanic for 6 years. I enjoyed that alot. I just started building computers in the last 2 years, and while they don't quite give the rush of a boosted car breaking the tires loose at cruising speeds, they have fun all there own. I have a great sence of humor, and tend to take 90% of all situations lightly, I'm quick to make friends, quick to trust, and slow to let go. I eat sushi, less often then say taco bell, but I do eat and enjoy it. I'm curious if you guys like sushi? and last but not least, I'm a hands on learner, I need to see. experience, touch to learn, while I do learn very very quickly, I seem to have 0 ability to learn verbally. I suppose if this was an interview, that would be my answer to my "whats your one weakness"

So, you ask yourself. why is porch applying to SoH, what can he bring that we don't already have? is he competent? Does he like funny cat pictures? Well, I am glad you asked. Things I bring to the table, reliability, years of huntering, top notch performance + individual min/maxing, slightly over average looks and most importantly a sense of humor that makes 93% of the people that I meet smile. as for the last question, I believe I answered that adequately. I thank you all for taking the time to read this, I hope fixall is around to comment on my likenessability and ability to shoot a bow.

Oh and lastly, I do believe that stridur may have a 2.41% advantage over me :p

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Porch,

You seem like a fun guy to have around. Can you clarify how old you are currently and whether your pending graduation puts any constraints on your schedule right now?

Why do you love hunter so much? You really have four of them?? Have you tried other classes / roles?

Which top20 guild?

I'm worried Grammaton is going to hate me.. is he/she a violent person?

In the logs you linked, why didn't they bring you to Durumu?

We like sushi.

Hello Porch,

Speak for yourself ashin I dont like sushi :p

Before I even start getting deep into hunter class and your toon with logs, your going to have to break down to me your guild history. As from 2011 to present you done some guild hopping, The 2 long term stays I saw were not more than 6 months

On Mannoroth from summer 2011 to feb 2013 you went in and out of 6 guilds, then join modern in mid Feb for 2 months( they only raid 4 days wk ) and went to Invicto as of yesterday. Why so much hopping, and not lasting in most guilds for 3 months? What happen in Modern?

Hi Ashin :D

I am 25 years old, Ill be 26 next week. As for my graduation It will only affect one raid week, as I am taking a train from may 14 (tuesday) to may 16.

I Have always mained a hunter, during Ds I was required an alt in reckoning, and I raided on a feral http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Thrandis/simple, altho my feral was a bit of fun, I dislike meele, and I don't enjoy the other range classes I played. This might be do to mobility, I tend to hop around alot :p I also have alot of passion for my class, I like to stay on the cutting edge and I feel that I can't min/max and stay at the top with two classes, divided attention and all. But mabey I'm wrong lol. I do ahve 4 hunters, only 1 90 atm, an 88, that will be my raid alt, an 85 back on mannoroth, and a 30ish hunter I am leveling strictly for hearld.

Grammaton, not violent imo lol, while he can be a very nice guy, he is very, very vindictive. to the point of immaturity and dragging his guilds name through the ground if it means damaging a person he dislikes

I played in reckoning on Us mannoroth, I still have alts and friends in the guild, I should prob finish leveling my priest now that you mention that

A hunter apped to the guild and as modern planed to go 6 days a week, And I don't want this schedule, I agreed to raid on progression and sit so headshot (the other hunter) could get in and catch up in gear to take my place. I sat on durumu as I did not need gear.

This is good, Its healthy and convient, what is your favorite type of sushi? is there any you dislike?

Hi Stridur!

Well as far back as I could remember, I'll give you a history.

I was in a social guild during t11, can't even remember the name.

At the begging of t12 I joined H A T E, I did t12 progression with them, into 6/8 hm. I left hate for two reasons, I prefer a competitive roster (ie, you perform to hold your raid spot, or you lose it) and I wanted to compete at top Us rankings to see if it suited me.

I then joined reckoning, while it was an amazing guild, with spectacular leadership the two 25 mans and beta raids on demand adding up to 25-35+ hours a week began to take a toll. After taking a break and coming back, I realized that while being one of the best geared hunters in the world and raiding with some of the best players, it was to much time invested, and while I play the game that many hours a week to this day, being obligated to a raid was a different story.

I stopped playing for a bit and came back well after H toes release. I decided I wanted to raid again. I knew the former raiding core of "incite" had a small 10 man on the server, I decided to ask if they needed a hunter, they did, So grammaton invited me to endurance. after a month or so endurance started talking about transfering to stormreaver horde and becoming a 25 man horde guild. I agreed and transfered. we became modern. I did my best to be loyal and helpful to the guild, even tho the promise of the guild leader that we would be 25 man lasted barley 4 weeks. The guild has serious management issues, there are officer/s that outright disrespect the raiders in mumble/gchat without regard for guild image or respect for others. there are other members with this same attitude, when I approached grammaton about it on multiple occasions his response was universally "find me a replacement that is raid ready, and I will replace them" he never directly addressed them or confronted the issue directly. One night after a disagreement (there was no raid leader as the raid leader quit, after getting banned by one of the guilds officers) the officer that was always conflicting angered me to the point that I walked away from my computer mid pull on farm reg magerra. I gave a bit of thought to this before walking away, But I saw it favorable to quitting the guild over anger. after cooling off, I came back kicked from the guild with a whisper from grammaton informing me that he had informed the officers of internection of what had happened (I declined and interview with them to stay in modern prior to this incident) and that's the story.

After leaving modern I joined invicto, the guild needed a hunter, and I offered to the guild leader bloody, that I would be happy to come in until I found out the results of my applications. I agreed with him that If I did not get into a guild that I had apped to that I would more than likely finish the teir with the guild. So suffice it to say, it is a temporary home :D a good one tho, nice members.

Well, I won't get into the baggage of other guilds. Your application is about you (not them). I have to say that I have had some pretty tense moments with an officer or a teammate from time to time. I never even considered walking away from my keyboard in the middle of a pull, tho. I think we are good at treating our members respectfully, so perhaps it would never be an issue here. But there may be times when you are singled out for an error, and I can't afford to wonder whether you can handle the criticism or whether you will AFK mid raid. Surely you must have endured rougher treatment in Reckoning? What did this guy do to get your nerves so raw?

Hi Ashin

I totally understand your concern. I have like your slefs had my fair share of disagreements with some guildies/officers and NEVER reacted in that manner. Every guild I have raided in makes you accountable for your actions, and yes in reckoning while varnius was not relly the type to yell, he was the first to call people out on there shit. I am they type of person to voice that I made a mistake and how I plan to fix it before it is brought to me. I appreciate critizism for what it is, and I have growen as a player because of it.

What made me so "raw" I suppose was the fact that I felt like I was being taunted, without recourse, by and officer of the guild, and after weeks of guild drama, and the issues going unchecked by grammaton, I suppose I felt traped. again, this is not something I have ever done, nor plan to do, and while I was responsible ultimately for making the decision for walking away, this action was a collection of weeks of mismanagment/anger built up, and could have easily been avoided.

Yea I aways heard varnius was real EJ. I dont know if you got to raid with trevor and Vye (old gm hunter) But I knew them. Varnius made alot of people angry. Im going to look through ur logs but for now please submit 2 raid screenshots of your UI in combat for both specs and please log out with BM in proper pve spec as I assume you have it for pvp,

Edited by Stridur

Out of combat - https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jXKmghMsUFE/UYGaqZqXgpI/AAAAAAAAAU8/Bq5s9vkAZDg/w1437-h898/WoWScrnShot_050113_154122.jpg

In combat - https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZH7UFgq2n-8/UYGahr-TE_I/AAAAAAAAAU0/zYfr81J5w7g/w1437-h898/WoWScrnShot_050113_154035.jpg

let me know if u need one from a raid, I literally just rebuilt my UI in the last week, So I don't have a raid pic ready.

Yeah stridur, Vye was around, in mumble and such, I did not get a chance to raid with him. Well let me know what u find in the logs! And I pvp quite a bit outside of raid times, thanks for giving me a chance to respec real quick.

Hey Kevin, nice to see you around!

Sorry I'm late to the party (I specced shadow for the first time this expansion last night so I was having fun with it til 6am this morning. Needless to say I slept in)! I've got to get ready to raid, but I'll be sure to post my endorsement afterwards!