GW2 :: SoH Guild Application - Abaddon

Abaddon

Hello all,

My name is Ian but I go by the name Abaddon in game (GW2: Abaddon.4135 in Crystal Desert). I am 23 from Iowa, US. I found out about you guys through a friend in my gaming community clan Phantom Rapture, who goes by Garler. After complaining about the WvW and PvE events on CD having terrible communication and organization, and never having clan mates to organize events or help me out whatsoever, he suggested I apply to SoH. Although I am in a gaming community clan, no one in it really plays GW2 and I would like to join a guild that specifically plays the game and is active and there to help. After Garler telling me you guys want to change servers I was definitely on board because I am unhappy with Crystal Desert. He told me after I level a bit more he will show me the ways of serious gold farming so I can make enough to change server.

Background

I used to play GW2 back when I first got the game, leveled my warrior a bit and had no idea what was going on and soloing was too hard so I rage quit. I decided to break it out again a couple months ago and have been playing all night every night since! I realized once you learn how it works and how to maximize your character, it starts becoming real fun. My thief is by far my favorite character, but it's so hard to play and I need a lot of help on how to play it and how to chain attacks to stay in constant stealth. I used to be in the guild Salad Bros - they never talk or help. I joined the LuX: The Mystic Army - waaayy too many pug players and trolls make it a joke. Started my own guild PRG: Phantom Rapture Gaming - no one in my clan plays. So I'm pretty desperate for some help, guidance, and event organization for once.

Goals

1. Succeed at least once in the Great Jungle Wurm Event (Hey, a guy can dream right?)

2. Start succeeding in every Marionette event (Only been successful 2 times out of at least 20 attempts because of other lanes is frustrating)

3. Snag up every single achievement :)

4. Become a boss at PvP and WvW (I need training, ESPECIALLY with my thief)

5. Max out all 5 characters

6. Change Server

Characters

1. Flidais Mebd: Lvl 50 Sylvarian Ranger

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/3424-abaddon-defensive-ranger

2. Arawn Balor: Lvl 37 Human Thief

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/3427-abaddon-pvp-theif-build

3. Brutarian: Lvl 31 Norn Warrior

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/3438-warrior-tank-dps-build

4. Ankou Arvernus: Lvl 10 Sylvari Necromancer

Build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/3441-abaddon-ultimate-hybrid-necro

5. Diamond Trinity: Lvl 11 Mesmer

Meh, may delete to try out engineer class

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abaddon, welcome to the forums!

Personally I play a thief, warrior, guardian, mesmer, necro (kinda) and a thief.  There are lots of people here who are quite good at their classes.  I understand your frustration, the game can be difficult until you get use to it.  And it's really much more fun to play with others.

Edited by Toobz

Welcome to the forums, Abaddon!

While others may disagree, my first suggestion would be to pick the toon you like playing the most thus far and get it to 80 with gear. It might seem trivial, but makes many of the things you're trying to accomplish much, much easier. 

Welcome, Abaddon! You've definitely found a guild willing to talk and help each other out with personal goals in-game. I know exactly what you mean about your lowbie mesmer-I wasn't wild about mine either. Absolutely your choice, but I suggest just playing until your mesmer is a little higher level before giving up (maybe in the 30s-40s). It makes a world if difference-- if you've ever received a scroll drop that instantly gets your character to 20, you could use that to speed up the process, or bring along experience boosters and camp out the Queensdale champ train to power-level a bit. 

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in-game. I love my thief too, but use it primarily for WvW. We have a few resident thief pros-- once you have access, you should check out the GW2 subforum, and in particular, the thief subforum. We've got a lot of great information shared there. :)

Hi Abaddon -- welcome to the boards! Cookie (aka Garler) told me you'd be posting -- I'm glad you did :)

First off, let me warn you, lol. We sometimes have a penchant for nicknames. Red Rasmussen became "Blue" and Maverick Dangerzone is known now as "Kenny Loggins" -- I suspect your name might be abbreviated, lol, although to what I'm not sure ^^

It's too bad you've had issues in GW2, but Toobz is right: having a knowledgeable group of people around to assist is an enormous help. We're happy to teach you how to fish, so to speak, but we won't fish for you :D

Ok, on to the important bits...

I'll alter your forum rank to Recruit status, which will give you greater access to forums. We use these forums A LOT so dive in and make yourself at home. When you're done reading the links below, please check for a PM from me (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please respond where applicable 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

If you have any questions, hit me or a Game Officer up for an answer (Fera, Huntyre, Dililah, Tyrlis, Mina).

Look forward to seeing you in game!

Don't delete your mesmer!  Ok, you can if you want, but mesmers can be crazy fun!  If you want, message me sometime and I'd be happy to give you a few pointers (I've leveled 2 of them myself).

And ... can I name him?  Please.....  

How about Federico Hernandez Aloysius Moppet!

Edited by Toobz

Welcome to the guild Abaddon! I leveled a mesmer to 80, but I don't really play her much often. I guess I just don't enjoy playing a mesmer :( My main is a guardian that I absolutely love and I recently leveled and geared out a necro that I enjoy. Well there are definitely a lot of people here that do world events and plenty of dungeons so you won't have trouble finding people to do things with. See you in game!!

Code of Conduct read and signed, orientation read.

As for nicknames, most people just call me Abba. Although that just reminded a Twitch DayZ streamer that I mod for of the music group ABBA, so they now call me "The Dancing Queen" and he played the song every time I joined the stream for 2 weeks. -_-

But yeah, I try to play til at least 30-40 to get the full feel of the class. My thief will be my main focus, I will max him out and be an absolute boss tormenter if its the last thing I do!!! So someone please teach me the way of the thief! :( My ranger is reservered for leveling with a friend, I get somewhat bored with him anyways - I like to be IN the mob. :p I like the warrior class its fun to wreck enemies with serious damage, but it's all kinda clunky. I'll hold on to the mesmer to play around with more at a later time, but I just started my necro and find it more much more fun than the mesmer (plus I love the sinister image and abilities with it and found a boss hybrid build).

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcomes. I look forward to getting to know you all and I will be seeing you in game.

Edited by Abaddon

Welcome to the guild Abaddon! I leveled a mesmer to 80, but I don't really play her much often. I guess I just don't enjoy playing a mesmer :( My main is a guardian that I absolutely love and I recently leveled and geared out a necro that I enjoy. Well there are definitely a lot of people here that do world events and plenty of dungeons so you won't have trouble finding people to do things with. See you in game!!

My main is Engi... my first toon... and I enjoy the challenge. That being said, I love playing my guardian, mes, and necro.. all for different reasons. I run a hardcore shatter build on my mez, so I am a bit squishy.... but, man, I LOVE seeing the big numbers on my attacks. Anyways, let me know if you ever need a hand in game. can add me as Griff.9302.

Edited by Griff