Wildstar Intro - ObviouslyDexter

ObviouslyDexter

Good morning,

I came across this guild in the WSGuild subreddit and I was drawn in by the few members I had talked to. It appears to be a perfect fit for me.

I live in central Canada and will be 24 in August. My passions are running and animals, or more specifically my little zoo of pets. I've been a gamer through and through since I was first able to grasp a controller. I picked up WoW late into WOTLK era and was enthralled by the shaman. I was able to join a little group of friends and we got into raiding pretty hardcore during Cataclysm making it 6-7/8 Heroic eventually. After a few years of investment I was ready to hang up the coat and moved on to GW2. The mesmer is by far the most fun I have ever had with an MMO class and I really enjoyed pvp with my little Asuran. I bought my first real gaming rig this past June and have absolutely loved it. I fell in love with wildstar the moment I saw the first advertisement on the interwebs. I really wanted to like the esper but I really ended up enjoying the engineer and spellslinger (healing focus) so I'll probably main an engineer!

Don't let my previous paragraph fool you, I am no longer a hardcore raider. I just don't have the time with work, relationship, other interests, and the beginning of summer. Needless to say, I will be playing wildstar a lot, just taking it from a different approach from the race to max level.

Why join SoH? I'm looking for a good group of people I can experience this new awesome game with and I am definitely getting that vibe from the people I have met already. It was one of the guilds that really stood out to me with it's sense of community. 

I look forward to meeting everyone,

Stay classy.

- Dexter

Welcome!

How obvious is it?  Do you have a lab?  Do you slice up bad people?!

Glad you're interested in going out for a rip with SoH in WS, bud! 

What type of pets do you have?  What do you do (aka how do you afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle)?!

Didja win anything during the Timmie's lid roll up promotion?!

Sorry, but not sorry about the Habs OT loss!

Heya Dexter!  Well met!

Having lived in upper Michigan I always wondered if the weather got a lot worse if you went just a bit more northbound to Canada.  How bad are the winters up there, anyways?  If you haven't been tipped off by the other introductory posts this is where we bombard you with a relentless amount of questions and expect you to entertain us with answers :)

- What is one videogame that you remember being the most hyped up for (not counting Wildstar)?

- Have you run in any races for running?  Do you have a particular distance or speed in mind or do you just love running for the sake of running?

- What is the cheesiest band you are willing to admit you listen to?

- Have you ever traveled to the states and if so, where?

- You get to request a single reboot of one season of a TV series or a sequel to a movie.  Which one would you pick?

Someone else will probably be along to grant access and the like so hold tight.

Hi and welcome. You've come to the right place. Gamers with lives.

What are some/one of these other interest you hinted at? What is the best song written after 1962? What is the worst book you remember reading? Did you read it for school?

Edited by Toobz

Hey Inedit!

I DO have a lab! (Not really, I wish) But if I did, it would be spectacular. I am a paramedic by trade and I definitely blame my job for my love for healing roles in video games. As for pets, I have two crested geckos, one gargoyle gecko, two budgies, and one lioness (Cat). I did actually win one free coffee with the roll up the rim contest, I felt like a champion! Don't worry about the Habs loss, I don't actually follow hockey. That might not be very Canadian of me to say but I did live with polar bears for two years!

Nice to meet you Eslosh!

The winter's aren't normally too bad in Winnipeg. -4F to - 40F. This winter in particular was pretty cold. I actually just moved back to Winnipeg (I grew up here) from Churchill, MB (Worked there for two years) where the winters can get up to -76F! (-60C)

The most hyped up videogame ever I think has been the very first Halo game which basically sold the world on xbox consoles. I have run one full marathon last year and I'm training for another half marathon this year. I find running very relaxing and a great way to recharge my internal batteries. 

The cheesiest band I listen to? I've really liked Avril Lavigne since her first album, she's one talented hotty. 

I have been on plenty of road trips with the fam to western Canada and most of the Western half of USA. Draw a line from North Dakota south to Texas and I've been in most of the states west of that line including but not limited to the states touching that line =P

One reboot of a TV series? I have never really felt disappointed by a TV series coming to an end as it allows me to latch myself onto a new series. I just finished the second season of Vikings and REALLY hope there will be a third but I'm currently addicted to the show New Girl. That type of comedy is definitely right up my alley.

Hi and welcome. You've come to the right place. Gamers with lives.

What are some/one of these other interest you hinted at? What is the best song written after 1962? What is the worst book you remember reading? Did you read it for school?

Nice to meet you Toobz!

Some of my other interests are running outdoors, reading, and finding any excuse to be outside on a nice day really. If I didn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment with no balcony I would be knee deep in gardening! My girlfriend has a horse so I fully expect to put in some man labor at the farm and get to play at being a cowboy for awhile. To put this in to context, I'm a pretty big city boy with a love for the country lifestyle and my favorite NFL team happens to be the Dallas Cowboys, go figure. I don't really have a favorite song, I tend to go through phases with music and jump around from song to song. I'm currently going through this alternative/indie phase and I would say that Unbeliever's by the Vampire Weekend is my top song right now. I have never read a bad book, even in high school I enjoyed reading the cheesy classic novels. The cheesiest book that I will admit to having read twice? The Pride and Prejudice. Favorite Series - Game of Thrones tied with the Wheel of Time. 

-Cheers!