Back on the Air!

Ashin

Our domain name was once again held hostage by simplehost.com, and this is how long it took them to resolve the matter. I despise this company but will save that for later, since I am running late for work atm.

I am sorry for the site's hiatus. =)

OK so here is what happened..

When we first got the site set up, we used a company called <a class="postlink" href="http://www.simplehost.com">http://www.simplehost.com</a>. Some of you may recall we had regular site downage and tech support took several days to reply. After one week I was completely fed up, so I got us set up with siteground.com and transferred the site over.

That would have ended the saga, except that simplehost refuses to transfer the domain name itself over to sitegrond. The cite some rules that their behind-the-scenes registrar has, which prevent ownership from being transferred, for my "protection." I tried to contact the registrar directly and they told me they would refuse any contact with customers like me and that I would have to work through their distributor, simplehost.

So, once a year, the domain name expires, and I have to deal with simplehost to get it turned back on. This year, I was in contact with them from about 1 hour after the site first went down. This is how long it took them to charge my credit card and respond. I loath and despise them more than words can express. They send no warning or communication of any kind; they just shut it off. And of course they are not around on weekends..

If anybody wants to remind me, I think after 90 days from today I have a window of opportunity where they have to let me xfer custody of the domain name to someone else.

Hey Ash .. First thanks for the Access fix .. and you should check with GoDaddy.Com (Shameless Plug) .. I use them for name management and it lets me do the site forwarding links at will .. Not sure but I can check, that if you apply with them they can wrest control of your domain name away from the other company ... course then you could either have them host your site or choose a host site of your own choosing.