Howdy to South of Heaven

Guest Jaeded

Lyttle and I (as Narilka) played a little bit with Jynks today and, after discussing it amongst our little family here, thought we'd drop you a line. About us ...

Lyttle is a Level 19 Sword Master and is completely Noob to MMORPGs. He also has a Bright Mage (Trixxie), but doesn't like her so much.

Narilka is a Level 19 White Lion. I also have a Level 19 Archmage (Geldwynn) and assorted others ranging from 6-18, trying to figure out which type of character I like best. I am a veteran of WOW (Cleric and Mage were Mains) and DAOC (Cleric) before it. So while I'm a long-term vet of gaming, I still don't quite know what's going on in WAR yet.

What I do know is that I'd like to show the Hubby how a well-oiled group of players can really make this game FUN (since he doesn't know why I spent so many years of my life addicted to MMORPGs), and we have not yet found many people at these low levels who know what they're doing. So we mostly just go out questing together, not doing much RvR because it's very frustrating when everybody is running around like a chicken with their head cut off. I think he'd do really great in a group with a strong Leader who can assign tasks and explain scenarios. I just like to play with a group of people who know their characters and what do to -- but since we don't play enough, I have never been the person to lead a raid.

We are 40 y/o professionals, and don't have much evening time to play (maybe from 9-11pm PST if we're home), but do like to burn a Saturday afternoon in front of the computer with a bunch of junk food. I will play more than he will, though I see in his eyes he COULD be an addict like the rest of us if he just saw what a good group could do.

We are both Children of the 80s and still love our heavy metal and riding motorcycles when we're not geeking. Since we live in Portland where it rains a lot, we geek more than we ride! Lyttle (Ivan IRL) pretends to be antisocial, but is really a great cuddly lion once you get passed his grumpy exterior. Me? I'm just grumpy :p but I think I have a good sense of humor about it.

Well, that's probably already TMI so I'll shut up and go back to gaming. He's getting his butt handed to him in Stonetroll so I'd better go help.

Thanx for your time

Jaeded

aka Christine

Hi Jaeded! It's Jynks. :D

Well basically Nen and I were on alts, and we met Lyttle and Narilka playing scenarios. At some point there was a warband or so of T2 Order and they tried to take a keep. Nobody knew what they were doing, so (against my better judgment) I tried typing an instruction in /wb.

To my astonishment, after typing to push through the tank wall and run up to the second ramp, up went Lyttle without delay, and he proceeded to solo the two or three Destro that had followed him. Even though Jaeded says they are both noobs, Nen and I noticed them right away as competent and attentive players.

After chatting with Narilka, and remembering how bad life is when you don't have a good guild, I asked if I could adopt them. Technically our recruiting is closed to DPS and tanks at the moment, but what do you think guys? Can we make an exception? :D

Maybe we could bribe Jaeded into leveling her archmage. :mad:

Hi guys, this is Earendur. It was cool to play with you yesterday. It's always good to see new players who are aware of their surroundings. The particular keep we were attacking yesterday is one of the most, if not the most, difficult in T2. I'm still trying to feel my away around playing a healer, as my main is a SM. You definitely get a different perspective on the game when playing the different roles.