Greetings and Salutations

Infiniti

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the stories I've heard from past recruiters, I'd be careful with anything a recruiter guarantees.

The Air Force doesn't need warm bodies like a lot of the other services do. It's a very technical branch, they want folks that will be able to fix and or do something.

From the moment we walked in there, it was like they didn't want and or need us. Which changed a little when he finally scored so high on the test. But even then it was more like they were doing him a favor. Then they really wanted someone to apply.

The guarantee on mechanical job is in writing, with standard disclaimers. But he was told that he qualified for any job in the Air Force. They offered him a enlistment bonus if he would sign in Forward air deployment, special forces, or linguistics, pararescue.

It is a good deal for him.. Collage education, on the job training, full medical, a place to live. Security, much better then what he has now.

Hey maybe I'll join the Slayer train with you fellow Alaskan. I grew up here in Eagle River; my dad was the head of the Army National Guard until he retired last year. Sealand was brought up with the military 25+ years ago (Retired Army). Personally, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, but you don't get a choice I suppose.

plate.jpg

Mystri hehe awesome you live in Eagle River i have alot of coworkers that do as well, what you think about old Mount Redoubt acting like it wants to erupt?

Bah whatever, "put a new filter for the vehicles on the shelf and ignore," but I smoke so I'm biased /lol