Disco out for a few days

discofire

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kids, just so you know I won't be in game for a week or so. I moved my computer desk and the wireless signal I was previously on is far too weak (yes, it is my router & A/P, I am not stealing from the neighbours =p) for me to game on at this point, as it now has to pass through 3 brick walls. So I won't be back on until I get a CAT-5 drop in that room...probably sometime next week.

I know you all will miss me, and I look forward to gifts upon my return!

Might look at something like this as an alternative...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... e+extender

I'd much rather be gaming over a wired connection but the living room us isn't conducive to that. Neither are the cats.

Might look at something like this as an alternative...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... e+extender

I'd much rather be gaming over a wired connection but the living room us isn't conducive to that. Neither are the cats.

Thanks, but I already tried it, my house is old and brick, no matter where I put an AP, etc., the signal won't be strong enough to get to where I moved my desk to. Not to mention it will spike like mad, it was even doing it when my desk was one only room away from from the router. And I have a pretty high end wireless receiver on my PC (it worked great in XP, but once I switched to Vista it started to have all kinds of issues).

It's only one more day, the drops are supposed to go in tomorrow. :)

It's only one more day, the drops are supposed to go in tomorrow. :)

That sounds so nice... I miss our office but enjoy our daughter more... :rolleyes::D

Yeah, it's nice having space, I can't really complain there. I moved my computer out of a back room that now has a projector and gigantic screen to a spare bedroom where I have all my other gaming crap...I guess I am consolidating. Also I have dogs instead of kids, those I can lock out in the yard when they are bad and not get CPS called on me.