Wife and I looking for a guild

Guest Blodsen

Guest Blodsen

Hi folks. I don't know any of you. You guys don't know me. In fact, I'm pretty new to Warhammer in general. I don't have any level 40s, but I did play up through level 27 on Volkmaar (Destruction) - Chosen. My wife and I have been playing Warhammer off and on for about 2 months now.

But I'll back up a bit to the beginning.

I first started playing MMOs back when EQ(1) was released. I played a shaman (Ciccero on Xegony), and later dual-boxed a shaman-shadowknight combo on Xegony to the tune of roughly 12,000 played hours on my shaman, and about 6,000 played hours on my shadowknight - give or take. When Mythic introduced DAoC several close friends from Xegony and Innoruuk servers moved to Galahad and formed the guild <Jormungander> where I played Ciccero as a berserker, and later swapped over to Blods and Blodsen (warriors). In DAoC I basically achieved everything that was achievable on my characters, and had a good time in RvR, along with just having fun in the game in general. To be completely honest, I really have no idea how many played hours I have across my DAoC characters, but I had level 50 ML10s in every account slot, fully templated. I'd guess a few thousand hours per character there too. (That's roughly the last 10 years worth of gaming though, and I'm starting to slow down a bit as I'm winding the bases pretty hard towards 40 these days, plus I just don't have the free-time I used to have.)

My current wife and I have been married 5 years now, and she enjoys MMOs also. She really loved the RvR aspects of DAoC, and playing destruction on Volk. she enjoyed it there also. We moved over to Volk. because several of our DAoC Galahad alliance merged into <Deth Guild> on destruction there, and have enjoyed it, but that gets complicated for me. My little brother, who's also in his 16th year with the Navy, is an absolute dwarf fanatic. I don't get to see him much, and I'd really like to play with him. He wants to play dwarves, and they're in short-supply over on the destruction side. The last time he came to visit me, he was actually wearing a shirt that said "Got Dwarf?" ... He's playing WoW now, but I just couldn't get into WoW - plus my wife didn't like their PvP / RvR system there, so hopefully WAR will accomodate everyone. Plus in playing on Dark Crag (order) - I found I really like the warrior priests. So Order on WAR I think is the best for my wife and I - and may be enough to get my brother off WoW also.

Anyway, my wife and I are moving to Order Monolith and are looking for a guild. I'm a little older these days than when I started playing MMOs. I don't make much noise or ask for much, aside from a guild to belong to and maybe some folks to do something with on occasion. My wife and I are in the Eastern time-zone, USA, and we work roughly 12 hours a day M-F, but have some time to play generally in the evenings. If you're interested in speaking with us further, my characters are "Blodsen" (Warrior-Priest) and "Blods" (Ironbreaker), and hers is "Eyden" (Bright Wizard). For now we're just leveling up.

Hey Blodsen! Thanks for taking the time and posting on the forums :)

Send Ashin, Clearwater or myself (Flip in-game) a /tell in-game! Would love to chat with you more. ATM we're looking for healer type toons to fill our ranks and it sounds like you would fit in our ranks perfectly.

Hope to /chat with you soon :)

Guest Blodsen

I spoke with Ashin a fair bit tonight in game. I asked him that since my wife and I were basically just starting out on Monolith - still Tier 1, was there any class in particular the guild wanted and I could play that instead of the WP. He said y'all wanted an AM or two, so I re-rolled one of those. "Blodsan"

Now all I need to do is figure out how to play it, so I'm gonna go brush up on playstyles, capabilities, spells, tactics, etc. for an archmage, then call it a night for tonight.

I promised my wife I'd mow the yard tomorrow morning, so it'll be after lunch before I'm on tomorrow. Any of you that want to chat, just send me a tell if I'm around, and I'll try to do likewise.

Guest Eyden

Hi folks, I'm the wife. I finally got around to registering and I wanted to say that I appreciate the invite to the guild. So far it seems to be filled with a lot of nice people. I look foward to teaming up when we reach a usable level or with your alts. Thanks again!:D