Introduction

Guest Lunariad

Guest Lunariad

hello,

My name is Kim, non Asian and male (weird parents.... what can you do?), and I seek a place within your legion.

My age can, I believe, be found by the moderators so I won't list it here ;)

I'm a father, husband, artist, musician, and dedicated (read addicted) gamer of a select few games. Namely Diablo II, Hellgate: London, and now Aion. That is not to say I'm "new" to "games", per se, and I've been playing everything from tabletop, LARP, CCG, and board games to video games since the early 80s (oops.... dating myself).

I'm good friends with one of your members, Huntyre, who I met and continued a friendship with from our Hellgate: London days. I believe he would speak well of me, if asked, and if not I know where to find him :)

I am a very honest, trustworthy, loyal, and jovial person as long as I feel I belong or can respect the leaders I am under. I am, however and because of these things, fairly picky, somewhat old fashioned, and usually a loner. I find, in these modern times, people just aren't "like me" yet I am assured from Huntyre that this guild just might be.

I understand the application process, the trial period, and the "rules" both stated and unsaid. I will abide by them and prove myself to the best of my ability as long as things do not get "too" serious (even though I appear to be right?) and we all have fun and enjoy each other's company. I understand that if I do not "fit in" there will be no hard feelings and I will crawl back to my little hermit shadows that I came forth from. I also hope that it's a two way street in that I am sure you are a fine bunch of people but if *I* don't feel I fit in or am contributing in some fashion I will, most likely, depart; on friendly terms of course.

I have 5 characters now, only 1 below lvl 20 and I understand this is, mostly, irrelevant. What IS relevant is that anyone who's come across those characters can say that they are fair, honest, and always willing to lend a helping hand regardless of legion; though I do admit some character names really turn me off.

So it is that I mention my friend Huntyre suggested your guild and that you could use some healer types. While my gladiator is my first and highest character I have my chanter nearly ready for Abyss, which I'm still working on, and would like to apply under that name for your legion.

The name: Repair

P.S.

I do, on occasion, roleplay at my own leisure but it isn't often and, of course, wouldn't ever do so really outside the confines of certain places in the game where it's more common.

P.S.S

Thank you for your time, consideration, and the opportunity to meet, what I am told is, a fine group of like minded individuals working together.

Yadda yadda: I know... this all seems too fluffity and proper but it IS an application. I'm only this stuffy when I seem to need to be :)

My name is Kim, non Asian and male (weird parents.... what can you do?), and I seek a place within your legion.

I think we can all agree that this is an exceptional way to start an intro post! Huntyre has been a "model citizen" so far, so I trust his taste in friends. I'll set up your forum access before hitting the sheets, and we'll get you invited tomorrow. :jump:

Edited by Ashin

I think we can all agree that this is an exceptional way to start an intro post! Huntyre has been a "model citizen" so far, so I trust his taste in friends. I'll set up your forum access before hitting the sheets, and we'll get you invited tomorrow. :jump:

Thanks Ash on both counts.

Looking forward to seeing you more in game and in legion bro! :)

Guest Lunariad

Really?! And here I was worried I had made it too "stiff" :)

Thanks, all, for such positive replies.

I must say that, last night, I was finishing up all but the last BC quests and I was the "healer" out of a party of 4 Spirit Masters and one Templar ranged lvl 15 to 22 (me) and we even had some 5 on action (only once thankfully) and I managed to keep everyone alive except once, I think, we lost a spirit master.

I even got to jump in and fight once in a while, as long as I saw the heals were attended, and could stop hitting and heal if necessary. This, without my 20 or 21 skill upgrades... heh heh... um... oops? Those are taken care of and I'm sure the skill master was hiding the books from me before... we've had words.

All in all it was a good group of people, unlike some I've had to endure, and it was fun. I look forward to similar outings with all of you :)

*We now return you to Kim that's just woken up and is in bad need of caffeine.... you might want to move slowly*

Nice intro, while I do believe it was a little formal and "stiff" as you said, I think it is a nice change from "LOLHAIGUISE. I am Chad. My toon is leet and his name is Pwnfacebrohanius."

Also, I believe Kim was historically a male name in most European countries before it was adopted as a female on in the 19th century or so - you're good to go.