Luminak Intro

Luminak

Well what to say. I've been playing MMO's for about 10 years now. First MMO was DAOC in the fall of 2000. Played it for 5 years and developed some really great friendships. I still play games off and on with a core group of 3 guys from my DAOC days. They've all left Aion now, but Im still enjoying the game. So I've been hanging in there, playing mostly solo until I could find a solid group of people to play with. I ran SR last week with Seb and others from SoH and had a great time, so here I am! Everyone I've met in SoH so far has been great. I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, with my 2 cats. I enjoy organic gardening, riding my mountain bike, playing guitar, and just generally staying chilled out. I have a regular yoga practice and study Advaita Vedanta, a spiritual philosophy based on silencing the mind and finding your true self thru self inquiry. My favorite book on the topic is "Silence of the Heart" by Robert Adams. I'll stop there before I become known as the new age freak! See you in game!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Organic Gardening?!

I started vegetable gardening last year and am hooked! Engaged in a vast expansion of the garden now (should be completed by last frost date for seed planting. I'm very stoked.)

My problems so far are:

1) Rodents. wtf with gophers. I hates them.

2) Aphids. This is easily solved with a strong blast from the hose, and the plants seem to love the attention. I'm just a little overwhelmed with how much time that takes. Any solutions to help? My neighbor says Marigolds? (wtf?)

3) ...and this is serious...too much of one type. I blame my newbness, but apparently one shouldn't plant 18 tomato plants in a back yard garden. Who knew? They were just three six packs of the tiniest little plants, I swear! omg, the tomatoes...out my eyeballs. And what is with squash? Any type. SO PROLIFIC. I'm getting a max of six squash plants this year. Period. I go no higher. Do you hear me zucchini? Oi.

4) ...still serious...so. much. fewd. I don't know how to can. I'm scared to learn because I just know we'll all die of botulism. But what is the point of gardening if you eat like a king for four months only to have nothing the rest of the year? I need to suck it up and try. I'll feed the dogs the goods first and see if they sieze. :cool:

Teach me, o wise one.

PS

Barbara Kingsolver owns a piece of my heart.