Luminak Intro

Luminak

2) Aphids. This is easily solved with a strong blast from the hose, and the plants seem to love the attention. I'm just a little overwhelmed with how much time that takes. Any solutions to help? My neighbor says Marigolds? (wtf?)

Ladybugs.

As you can see, they come "ready to lay eggs the day you release them!" and also "hungry for pests!". If you're trying to set up a natural system you have to think about natural relationships. The ladybugs will decimate your aphids np.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladybugs.

As you can see, they come "ready to lay eggs the day you release them!" and also "hungry for pests!". If you're trying to set up a natural system you have to think about natural relationships. The ladybugs will decimate your aphids np.

Ashin is totally correct. As you will always be able to buy chemicals to deal with pests and weeds there is always a natural way to combat both. The ladybugs will take care of the Aphids and they are friendly to:) Where I live in SW Pa we have an abundance of Ladybugs so we never ever ever see aphids we just have to deal with the Ladybugs hitching a ride into the house on our back all the time.

You can buy bugs online? I had no idea.

How do you keep your investment from flying over the fence? I suppose I'll have to relinquish some sense of control and ownership?

Yes, you do not own them. You are just offering them a few meals and a place to crash. When the pest diminish, you will certainly be helping a few neighbors out also.

We did a 3 week supply. A little costly, but we didn't want to spray anything on our citrus trees.

You can buy bugs online? I had no idea.

How do you keep your investment from flying over the fence? I suppose I'll have to relinquish some sense of control and ownership?

From the website... They are genetically altered!

"Our Sta-Home lady beetles arrive healthy and ready to feed on pests! Females immediately lay eggs, which provide a second wave of pest-eaters within a week. And these larvae, which can't fly, have an even bigger appetite than the adults! "

From the website... They are genetically altered!

"Our Sta-Home lady beetles arrive healthy and ready to feed on pests! Females immediately lay eggs, which provide a second wave of pest-eaters within a week. And these larvae, which can't fly, have an even bigger appetite than the adults! "

The larvae can't fly because they aren't adults yet. The adults stay at home, because they have already don't their mating flight, so have no reason to leave right away.

Also, make sure you know what ladybug larvae look like. We thought that it was some bad bug. Till we looked it up.