Prost!

Kiffen

Hi everyone,

I've been gone for a while. In fact, since the day Aion launched. There were a few events that took me away from gaming for a bit. Since then I've been really focused on myself and just doing what I love. I'm now a terrain park attendant at a ski area and my job is to build and test features all day. I've been taking part in a few local film groups and that has been spectacular.

Now I find myself at a place where I have a tremendous amount of time on my hands and my supernerd is dying to get out. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss playing with you all and I'll be installing Aion sometime this week. I look forward to seeing you in game and am happy to be back, cheers.

So hey, any classes we don't have alot of? SM, Ranger, and Chanter all look like a ton of fun to me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The road to catch up to us will be a long one, so I cannot predict which class we will need once you get there. I think you should pick whichever one interests you the most. :)

The one thing I can say is that we can never have "too many" rangers, whereas with SM and Chanter, you typically only want one per group in most cases. But it's easy enough to get a character to 11 or 12, so I would suggest playing around with them before deciding. Or you can ask us questions. ^^

Welcome back. :D

Guinea pig! I love guinea pigs!

On topic... -ahem-

All three of those classes you listed are probably the least played. Do you like grouping? Do you like soloing? Do you like PvP?

A chanter is definitely a group class. They have awesome buffs, and you almost always will have room in a group. They're pretty self sufficient when it comes to soloing, too. For PvP, they are late bloomers. They don't get decent until 42+. Under 42, you don't have any range skills, so you are easily kited, and your heals are usually not enough to keep you up when you get hit with burst damage. This class is definitely nice to have around in groups though.

Spirit Masters are a pretty unique class. They are very efficient soloing, especially since they have a pet that can act as a tank and they have an instant snare on a short cooldown so harder mobs will always be slowed. (It makes us one of the best classes to kite with!) They also have an awesome ability to strip mobs and other players of buffs, which comes in handy a lot! In their arsenal, they mainly have DoT (damage over time) spells so they rarely ever do burst damage like a sorcerer will. So because of this, SMs have fairly low DPS compared to other classes. From experience, it's harder to find groups with a SM than it ever was with a chanter. This is mainly because having two SMs in a group is close to pointless. (Our DoTs do not stack, so we would constantly be overwriting each others damage with our own.) It's still an awesome class to play though. SMs are also one of the best classes for 1v1 PvP as well as group PvP.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about rangers since I've never played one. They're a ranged high DPS class with some stealth abilities. They're among the best classes to kite with. Maybe one of our lovely rangers can fill you in on this classes to help you make a decision.

:thumbup:

Kiffen! :D

Welcome back, sir! What Ashin said, and Mily's given some great basic info. I will say that for the most part, pvp is fun and the classes seem as balanced as in any other game in that they all have their roles both in pve and pvp, and can do them well.

I wish they'd come out with the Disciple of Khaine, but it doesn't look like it's happening :( Other than that, definitely tool around with a few. Leveling a character in Aion is no joke and taking a week or two to decide on a class is time well spent.

I wish they'd come out with the Disciple of Khaine.

Haha, if I could be a DoK in every game ever I would be content.

Thanks Milly for the breakdown. It seems like my hardest decisions are always deciding which class to go with. I enjoy PvP the most and for that reason may try out a ranger first.Those classes(scout archetypes) are always so overplayed though and I get bored seeing 1,000 clones running around. I really like the idea of being able to control the battle through debuffs and roots as an SM(at least that's what I gather they do from reading countless wiki articles.) With that said, bows and arrows kind of make me drool. I take a bit too much pleasure from kiting someone until they're screaming in frustration and it sounds like both classes can do so.