Prot/Ret/Holy Paladin

Corbendallas

Hey folks, would like to introduce myself to the forums with my first post/application/information about myself.

I saw Jynks' reply to my post on the Guild Recruitment forums and after reading it through, Sough of Heaven sounds like a great guild I'd love to hopefully group/raid with.

A little WoW background on my characters...

Vanilla: Rogue/Mage, HWL Rogue, Mage alt. Raided MC, BWL, AQ20 and my guild dissolved around the start of AQ40. Occasionally I would go to Naxx to farm trash for drops.

Burning Crusade: This is where I made my holy paladin. I loved being holy, especially with all the talents holy paladins had back then, and I thought it was great fun to progress through new content again. Full clear of BT many times, same goes for Hyjal, Kara, and SSC. The guild I was in again dissolved midway through Sunwell. I still loved almost every encounter and loved healing.

Lich king was a new start for my paladin, this time as ret. Ret was very fun and made raiding a blast, I full cleared Naxx with my guild and even got the Betrayer of Humanity, which was a nice reward at the end. After quite a while of full clearing it, (Roughly April 2009) I took a long break from WoW while I took care of many RL things, and came back about 3 weeks before Cata launched.

Now that Cataclysm is out I again decided to play a paladin and sort of accidentally took up the role of tanking when I saw how quickly it made the queue times. Well, many many many dungeons later, I love tanking, and I find it a fun and unique role that I have not played before. My brief raid experience only allowed me to beat Magmaw and Wyrmbreaker, but I had a great time doing it and learning it with the guild that brought me with them(Was mostly a pickup raid)

A few weeks ago, I had gotten every piece of gear that I needed out of every Heroic as well from JP for my tank set, and switched to a mix of Holy/Ret so I could help my friends in arena and heal for them while they tried tanking. Right now both my Holy and Ret gear are a mix and match of PVE+PVP gear, with holy perhaps ranking higher on the PVE ilvl, though I have more fun as ret(Who wouldn't?)

Going forward, I would like nothing more than to start raiding again, either as Retribution or Protection. I have no strong preference between the two, but I would say Retribution comes out slightly ahead for me, as I have quite a bit of fun smacking things and seeing big numbers... I also love the addon CLCRet which has helped quite a bit with my overall raid DPS, and I find that to be nice since it helps everybody out while I can still be 'greedy' and try to do as much DPS as I can.

My forum post can be found at http://us.battle.net...281440?page=1#1 for anyone who is interested in finding out a little more about my paladin that I may have overlooked.

~~~

My name in real life is Jeff and I'm 23 years old. Currently I am in the USAF and returned from Afghanistan in the middle of November, after which I got right back into WoW. My availability is almost exactly 24/7, but out of convenience to my wife I generally prefer to be done raiding around 3AM EST at the latest. Flexible there though.

Look forward to your replies and hope you the best.