Guild App / GW2 -- and Hello

Lostguard

Hi guys,

I heard of SoH through my guild in GW1, Urban Knights. I’ve been inactive there for quite some time now, but have been logging in regularly to check our status for GW2. I was referred to SoH by a UK guildy.

I have played a wee bit with Fera in GW1, as a member of the UK alliance there, but it was a couple years ago probably. In case there are more people here I know, the toon I played most in GW was an ranger named Cawti Lostguard. I tend to create and play female toons, but that’s just because I like looking at the girls. ;-)

I’m male, 46, and live in Missouri, USA. I’ve played MMO’s in various guilds (and solo) since the late 90’s, too many to list really, but most all of the major ones and many lesser known games, with the noted exception of WoW. I am not a professional gamer, or even what I would call a power-gamer, but I do play quite a bit and can hold my own. I play to have fun. When it starts seeming like work, I’ll take some time off until I enjoy the game again.

I’m applying to SoH with the expectation of having a mature, friendly, and competent guild to play GW2 with. I also intend to play Diablo 3 quite a bit, and have both games pre-purchased, so any presence there is a bonus

I have read the code of conduct and agree whole-heartedly with the standards expressed there. Looking forward to getting to know some of you on the forums, and hopefully in-game as well.

I go by Lostguard, Curtis, or Nub. Your preference.

Welcome Lost.. I'll change your status over to Friend until launch at which time, you'll be moved to Recruit status.

Many of us from the guild will be checking out Diablo 3 as well. Feel free to look around and get acquainted with the forums and whatnot.

O-M-G! Cawti!! <3!!! (I no wanna call you Lostguard :p)

I'm tickled that you found me and the thought of getting to hang w/ you again, well, that just tickles me too /sweet-eyes

I know you've been waiting for the release of this game like the rest of us, and honestly, you're in very good company here. Super folks -- not a bad apple in the bunch. I think it'll be a very good fit.

You're status has been upgraded to "Friend" giving you more access in forums. Once the game goes live, you'll be promoted to "Recruit" and a short 30-days later, another promotion to full "Member" (which is when we then haze you and make you run around nekked n stuff ;) lol)

Hey everybody! ----- "Lostguard" is here!

EDIT: ps -- yep, there's folks here playing D3, and other titles too -- check out "Gaming Buzz" a little lower on the front page.

Oo, do me a flavor? Since yo'u've read the CoC and already agree... mind skipping to the end and posting a quick "read and signed" or some such.

thanks!

Also, check out the Mumble section in the GW2 subforums... if memory serves you didn't like VoiP, but if something has changed, download that puppy and let's get you set up before the next BWE.