Thodekke, RetPally

Thodekke

Character Name: Thodekke

Realm: Sentinels

Race, Class & Spec: BElf, Pally, Ret/Holy (I'm ok at holy... but shine at ret)

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net...Thodekke/simple

Profession:

Alch: Mixology is excellent, and a great passive buff.

JC: Crafting epics is always nice.

Male/Female: Male

RealID: eekitseke@gmail.com

I use Vent, haven't messed around with Mumble, but am perfectly ok with acquiring it.

If accepted, when is the earliest you can start raiding with us?

My current guild leader has requested that I give him (and my guild) a week's notice before making the move

Availability (Tues to Thur 9pm EST to 12 am) In a vacuum, I'm available for these times. I'm a music student, and concerts are almost invariably on Tuesdays/Thursdays. This would result in missing at most 3 nights over the course of a semester.

Previous guilds & why you left:

Imagio Deo Sentinels: GM left, the rest of the guild quit, I moved on to brighter and better things.

The League Sentinels: Considering leaving here because GM retired after 5 years of leading a guild that at one point was top 100 worldwide. This was preceded by a goodly number of officers/ranking players that went off to SWTOR and to another server.

Tell us a little about your class and spec. Specifically, how do you gear? How do you gem? What is your rotation/priority on a given fight?

RetPally: The RNG based priority clicky class.

My gear, even with the somewhat conflicting thoughts about crit/haste right now, is Str is king. After that, be hit capped and exp capped. After that, reforge all haste into mastery. Right now, I'm looking at a mastery that's at 23.74. My crits hit like trucks and make me happy. xD

I gem full reds, unless there's a good bonus there for gemming on color. Oddly, with this tier, most of the options for gemming actually only use red gems for bonuses. Oh no... make me get more strength... *gasp*

Rotation/priority: DPTV (unless CS is up) > CS > AoWExo > 3HPTV > J > HW

For Madness, HW moves WAY up the charts, and CS is replaced with DS, for spellweaving

Please post a screen shot of your UI.

http://tinypic.com/r/208fcar/6

But with 25 frames right above my chat box.

Raiding Add-Ons.

Omen, Recount, Bartender, IceHUD, DBM, TellmeWhen, GTFO, Ret Rotation Helper (I hardly need it anymore, but it reminds me to keep my Inq up... and lets me focus more on other things going on.)

Please include any WWS or WMO logs you might have.

There hasn't been someone logging in our raids for at least 6 weeks, and I've improved so much over that time that the ones currently up have no bearing on my actual skill level or knowledge of fight mechanics

Name an Encounter where you excel and give reasons as to why your class would excel more then other classes on that specific encounter, or why you personally do better than other players on that fight, this can also include fights from WOTLK. Please include more than one example.

First and foremost example is Ultraxion in this tier. It's a low-movement fight, which given the ramp up time for rets gives us a nice little boost. I'm being competitive with an spriest on this fight.

The other biggy is of course Spine.. Being able to burst insane amounts on the tendon give us a huge advantage. I like to think I'm better than the average bear on this fight because I put effort into making sure all my CDs are ready to go... Inq is up and won't have to be refreshed... that's one more GCD that's used for damage instead of a buff. 3HP to start, so I can start with a TV. If it's the first or 5th raise, I have my Guardian up about 10 seconds before Nuclear Blast so I have my strength from that.

That being said, I'm doing well on my other fights as well. I do respectably on Hagara, though it's harder to plan for CD uptimes there. I like to think I'm a good player, and my more recent performance reflects that, especially with the loot gods being exceptionally unkind.

Every player has room for improvements, even the best players, give us an area where you personally can improve, and possible steps you have taken to improve in this area. Also, can we expect you to improve on a week to week basis on every encounter we do?

My biggest spot for improvement is CD management. In a few encounters, I have it down to a T. In others, I'm still working to figure it out. Biggest example is Zon'ozz. It all depends on how much time I have on boss, how many times we're back to killing the boss, and what not. Other issue is starting the advanced ret technique of keeping Seal of Truth up on multiple targets. This'll be virtually impossible in MoP, with our ranged abilities not stacking it anymore, but I can work on it for now.

In Closing...In closing, I'm intrigued. Very intrigued. I want a group that I can succeed with. Cheer with when we fail, get frustrated when we wipe for the 20th time at 2%... Those are the ups and downs of any guild. I'm expecting a guild that can keep a roster for two weeks in a row. I am a gear-whore, and I'm not afraid to admit it---That being said, I respect the loot rules. I know that being around long enough, this piece too, shall drop.

I'm looking for a guild that my main can make his raiding home. I would be keeping my alts where they are... Even though Sentinels is a dying server, I love the people there, and have been playing there since mid-Wrath. I haven't yet decided on whether or not I will actually xfer to another guild/server. I hope maybe this can be my home. :-)

Thanks guys,

Thod

PS: I would sign off on the Code of Conduct, but it said I couldn't reply there. :-(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I appreciate that you tried to sign it! I'll change your access to Guest, but you don't need to sign it unless we're inviting you. :)

I liked most of what I read in your application. You enjoy Ret for the right reasons (meaning I feel you will continue to stick with it).

One thing I'd like to hear more about: what is it specifically about our guild that has you interested ("intrigued", if you will)? Your application was very thorough, which we like, but I know it is the same application you post everywhere. Make me feel special please. ;)

Also.. more people from Texas. The guild is truly being invaded.

I like that the guild is mature, relaxed, yet focused on progression. The stable roster is a HUGE bonus. HUGE

It was the biggest issue in the guild I was in... Seriously. In the past month we've been downing Spine (I missed the first kill, and we didn't down this week...), we've had 4 different raid groups. 6-7 would be the same, but the other three were different, and at times, totally ungeared for content... Thus having to teach them and gear them at once... With the 6-7 of us having it clearly on farm status in our minds.

You sound like a tight-knit community. I like that. I'm good at plugging right into those, and that's what I need as a raider/gamer. Honestly, the biggest thing that caught my eye was the eclectic bit: My girlfriend calls me eclectic. Everyone I know calls me eclectic.

As to your comment about Ret... I've been ret since I started playing, and haven't really preferred raiding as anything else.

And besides, if you're having plenty of other Texans, what's one more to help Remember the Alamo? (Drafthouse! :D)

Whats up Thod, thanks for posting.

Good app.

If you're keeping alts on a different server, how would you see yourself spending your out of raid WoW time? Would we ever see you?

Is there a basement in the Alamo?

Have you ever done the eclectic slide?

You would see me quite a lot. I spend most of my time on my pally, and I have most of my friends from Sents on RealID, and would be only one RealID (or BattleTag) tell away from hopping over if I'm on one of my alts. My hunter is decently geared, but my pally is by far my main. My out of raid WoW time is usually spent doing old raids... if people are doing old raids, I'll be there. :D xD

Basement, no.

Eclectic slide... is that the one where I derp around and hope that I don't fall over from the booze on the floor?