Thodekke, RetPally

Thodekke

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Ret Paladin you say? I once knew of a Ret Paladin who's face was so handsome he caused Deathwing to go insane and bring about the Cataclysm... but then he became a she, and she grew tired.

I can't see your UI because I'm on my phone, but do you use CLCRet? I see you say you use Ret Rotation Helper(not familar with it), but I don't know if any human could do their best rotation without it(protip, its usually right, but human judgement comes in and perfects it)

Also I don't mean to nitpick but your rotation seems like copypasta, especially the Madness bit. Have you considered a haste build for sub-3second CS(Madness Specific)? Usually you need only to redo food and maybe swap a haste trinket in and you hit the 3 second haste barrier for the first 3 and final platform.

One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb to me was you said you only reforge Haste to Mastery. Have/do you use any internal or external reforge helpers? My personal favorite is wowreforge.com, mixed with my weights from SimC. It will give you your absolute best reforge(sometimes that even means reforging a Mastery to Haste[extreme example]on one of your pieces)

I do use CLCRet (It's known as FCFS Retribution Rotation Helper in Curse). xD And I do not always follow it. That being said, I have it set so it uses a few of my preferences.

I've not seen any word on the haste build for Madness. I'll look into it.

The reforge helpers, yes, I do use. The current theorycraft supports haste being almost absolutely worthless. The build I have right now is maxed crit and mastery, with haste as low as possible. This is an attempt to not have any collision between the second filler and CS. (Especially during AW/Zealotry). That being said, I probably should look into a haste build for Madness... Not having any collision would be perfect.

I use wowreforge and SimC... To get my mastery as high as possible, since if I can't hit often, I have to be hitting like a truck... And considering I'm still 5-6 slots away from BiS, I like seeing 65-70k crits on non-CD TVs. A few of my pieces reforge the hit into mastery, because some other piece can bring me closer to that mythical 8.03% hit.

Any other questions? And yes... Please do nitpick! I accept any and all criticism... anything I can do to get better, I will AT LEAST try. If I find that a suggestion doesn't work for my particular playstyle, I'll look for something that might work. There are signs that maybe haste will be better than mastery in this upcoming expansion... but... Until we get better numbers (and better tools...) we won't know til later.

Of course they'd name is FCFS Ret Helper, lol...

Not always following it pretty ideal, as there's times you learn to override it, which is good. So I'm glad you use it since honestly in my opinion there's no human who can perform as well and still maintain positional awareness etc without it.

I'm a SimC whore, to the point where I'd run SimC vs wowreforge swapping one piece at a time, rerunning, comparing, etc. Doing it less often is still ok, and usually you can get away with plugging in your weights again(and not running SimC) after only 1-2 gear changes(usually) and not see anything more than 1-2% off ideal performance.

My personal view on stat weights is that SimC is going to be right for 95% of fights(not Madness, etc) or more, and to use those. Any numbers on forums are just suggestions and can vary wildly.

I'm glad to see that you're open to nitpicking. Really that shows character and willingness to look at other points of view. Its easy to be stuck in your ways and think you was is better, but it holds you back as a player and a person.

I know I'm text walling this application, but I'm happy to offer up Ret advice and/or nitpick those who play my class. You won't see me on much but I was Purple's Ret Paladin for about 5 months this tier, and Ret/Prot for the majority of this expansion.

Good luck to you.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how to log for WoL. I asked the guy who xferred out of our guild how he did it, but he wasn't really clear about explaining it. If someone could explain to me how to set it up, I'd be happy to get logs. I think the guild I'm in currently is gonna try and do Spine/Madness tomorrow evening.

This should give you all the information you need: http://www.worldoflogs.com/help/index/

Basically, you create a "guild" for yourself. Go into a raid and type /combatlog in the chat/command text box. Then you press dem buttons. Once raid is done, type /combatlog again. Log into WoL, hit Client. Upload the parse, which fill be in the Logs subfolder (WoWCombatLog.txt) in your game folder. Click this and upload.