[WoW] (Flex) Priest Application

Tinymanz

Those logs are completely mind-effing me right now. How on earth could you possibly get 46% uptime on DP and 44% on MF:I?! (Lei Shi) I'm convinced this is a bug in the logs.

It has something to do with her "Hide", maybe since it's LFR everyone's DoTs/Debuffs never actually fall off her by design? There were 13 Devouring Plagues at ~6 seconds, that's 78 seconds and not the 196.9 seconds it's showing. You can also see the long stretches in the DP buff 3 times during the fight, she hid exactly 3 times. Mystery solved!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tiny,

First, thanks a lot for helping us out last night! Glad we could get some kills together.

I'm looking at this and I'm concerned:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0kkqu5gz6w430m3l/survivability/?enc=bosses&boss=68036

This is before we get to throughput, spell usage, etc. Granted you came in on the fly and had less time to prepare than we did, no practice, etc. But there isn't really a trend of improvements in your survivability across attempts. Can you please speak to this point?

Anytime Ashin! It was fun.

Also, yes, I am well aware of my poor survival statistics on the Durumu fight. There are a couple of factors that were at play in regards to that fight. The first, and most important would be unfamiliarity with the fight; as you said, I came in on the fly without any real experience with the mechanics of the fight and operating on minimal instruction regarding all the potential random aspects that could target/effect any given character. Granted that may impact performance for the first few attempts and isolated incidents following ones, not across the board like is shown there and I apologize for that. That said, I seldom raid on mondays, in fact I generally don't. Reason being, internet sharing with my roommate. Normally his work schedule and my raid times don't conflict like that, I raid try to raid Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday evenings while he's at work.

Last night I was running latency rates between 500ms/450 home/world and up to 900ms/675 home/world for a few pulls, including the kill attempt. Though I dislike presenting internet lag as an excuse, it is, in large part, responsible for my deaths since the fight has so many mechanics that are latency sensitive. Most of my deaths (aside from being blasted off the platform) were to issues during the maze phase of the fight, where we're running around the boss avoiding his death beam where the slightest bit of inopportune lag can cause death. There were a number of times where on my screen I was ahead of the beam then several seconds later ended up dead. I can very much assure you that had we been doing this fight on one of the standard raid days this would not have been a problem at all.

As you can see here: http://www.worldoflo...s=67977��across 20 tortos (another fight with high movement and random mechanics) attempts my survivability is well within acceptable limits. I would ask that you regard the Durumu logs as an exception, not the rule. As I said before, had this been one of the standard nights you would not be asking me to address life expectancy as an issue.

Edited by Tinymanz

We sometimes do raid a fourth night - not often - but my plan this tier is to use this option now to unlock heroics and then at the end of the tier if needed to seal the deal. Will you never be able to raid Mondays or can arrangements be made if you know in advance? I'm surprised the connection gets so bogged down with both of you gaming. WoW doesn't need a huge amount of bandwidth.

With warning, there are bunch of things I can do to secure a solid connection and remove the question of latency completely. However, that requires warning. Last night I didn't have any, I wasn't expecting to raid with you guys or I would have done so since obviously you'd take my performance into consideration.

This roommate downloads constantly when he's at home? Even still your router splits the bandwidth between you two, your lag will go up but not drastically like that. In any case is he/she insensitive about sharing the internet? It's supposed to be shared, not monopolized, and if you're lagging that bad he/she is somehow abusing your half of the internet that you pay for and you need to let him/her know. Most downloading software has bandwidth throttle controls to prevent capping your internet.

TBH I'm surprised you didn't ask them to stop hogging it.