WoW App - Kazenoryuu, Balance Druid

Kazenoryuu

City of Residence: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Character Name: Kazenoryuu

Class/Spec: Balance Druid, Guardian offspec but its only been used in heroic dungeons

Server: Lightning's Blade

Armory: http://us.battle.net...noryuu/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflo...ieermz6kr7m39q/

UI SS: http://i1307.photobu...zps86b76fe1.png

Raid Experience: I'm currently 6/6H MSV, 3/6H HoF and 4/4N ToES, our raid group hasn't really raided in about a month or so (might be a bit less) so I reckon we should have been 6/6H, 5/6H and 2/4H by now. US 55th Heroic DS (25man) when I was with Something Wicked

Previous Guilds: Stoic, Lighting's Blade - Some of our core wanted to take a break and stop raiding

Something Wicked, Whisperwind - The job I had at the time forced me to cut back on my raiding and go more casual

Floating Apps: All guilds I've apped for have a 9hours/week(3x3) raid schedule.

Exiled Legion, Doomhammer

The Horsemen, Shadowmoon

About Me: Ok, here the fun part!! I'm a young Canadian man looking for a guild to call home since mine broke a part after a few members decided to take a break for a while. My main reason for applying here is cause you guys seem to kick so major interweb dragon arse on a sane schedule. Also to be very honest my fiancé would probably want to chop my balls off if I raided more than 3 days/week haha! I love the idea of efficiently using your time to get good progress. As one of my old guild leaders said: "raid smarter, not longer."

Extra tidbits: I'm probably the whitest black guy you will ever meet, think..Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel'air..well except that I can't sing..I love hockey but hate cold. I'm 24 but even after 23 years in Canada I still can't handle the cold (I was adopted and flown to this country real young). I have dreadlocks and play soccer, tennis, badminton, basketball and go to the gym 4-5 times per week. I speak French(primary), English(fluent) and very little japanese from watching too much anime and reading too many mangas.

I think that covers it all but let me know if I'm missing something!

Thanks for your time and looking at this app.

I have 2 sets of transmog. My Guardian set is the T6 set and my Balance set is supposed to be T11 but I'm missing the non heroic shoulders so for now I'm sticking to T6 for that as well. I wouldnt mind some help in getting that final T11 piece sicne I found out that I could not solo Omnotron Defense System..or get to Cho'gall on my own lol!

Hello Kazenoryuu welcome to the boards.

In your mind what make moonkins unique compare to other classes, where do you think you have advantages/disadvantages over other classes. You chose renewal for your second tier talent, while this is a nice self heal, the healing from NS/HT used on CD is substantially more especially if it crits (Also being able to use it on someone else for that OH SHIT moment is always nice). Also, if you ever had a free major glyph slot(and you were in a major movement fight) you could use glyph of Cat which adds a bonus to the HT while in Cat form.

Big props for using NTK one of my favorites add-ons.

And the most important question, Red or Blue pill?

Gl on the app

Hi Kaz,

Thanks for a good application. I only skimmed your logs - results seem pretty good although I feel like in some cases your uptimes could be better. (I like to look at Feng for example as it is a fairly patchwerk fight.) How do you feel about the changes to moonkin from Cata to Mists? I just recently started to play mine for the first time since Firelands. For that matter, how long have you raided as a balance druid and have you done serious progression on any other classes?

Appreciate the disclosure of your other applications. Our roster is somewhat fluid right now as we're trying to pin down a healer and tanking position, so I'm not in a rush to take in others just yet. Adding a second moonkin to our roster is possible but I think it is not my first choice given some of the other variables I have up in the air. So, I'd welcome the chance to talk further, but if one of those other guilds can offer you a full time spot immediately you should definitely go for it.

Unrelated to raids, but dreadlocks have always been a total mystery to me. I have literally no idea what goes into them in terms of growing / styling / care. Would love a brief education.

Hello Kazenoryuu welcome to the boards.

In your mind what make moonkins unique compare to other classes, where do you think you have advantages/disadvantages over other classes. You chose renewal for your second tier talent, while this is a nice self heal, the healing from NS/HT used on CD is substantially more especially if it crits (Also being able to use it on someone else for that OH SHIT moment is always nice). Also, if you ever had a free major glyph slot(and you were in a major movement fight) you could use glyph of Cat which adds a bonus to the HT while in Cat form.

Big props for using NTK one of my favorites add-ons.

And the most important question, Red or Blue pill?

Gl on the app

Starting with the end..I haven't watched the Matrix in a REALL long time but my fav colours are red/black so I'd go with red lol.

I actually had the NG/HT combo but changed it to Renewal just to try it, now for some un scientifically proven reason I always ended up dying less with Renewal so I just kept it. Mind you my issue was most likely sub optimal use of the cd but I wouldn't mind changing it up to get some muscle memory going for those "Holy Crap I'm/You're Gonna Die" moments. As for the cat glyph it's not something that's crossed my mind. I've been a fairly lonely Boomkin for a while w/o someone to bounce ideas off of like I had back with Something Wicked so I appreciate any input.

I love Moonkins, I started out as a feral druid not too long after BC and changed to Balance when I started raiding in WotLK. one of the big advantages we had was being able to tank/dps at the hit of a button, even though that was lost symbiosis provides so much utility its not even funny. On top of general versatility we can be every role in the game so you might not have to reroll if you want something new.

A weakness the class has (probably more in line with mine) is that even though it's a hybrid class it doesn't mean the player can play the other specs well. I've discovered in my years of playing that I don't quite enjoy healing as a result I'm fairly bad at it. I'm sure it's nothing practice couldn't fix but it just doesn't click with me. I'd actually rather have a Feral offspec than heal or tank raids (ppl would die less). Though if I was absolutely required to change my role I would, but I'd need some time to adjust and get up to my/your standards.