Maya Holy/Disc Priest

Raina

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Maya I had a chance to review your app.

First, I will say I'm impressed with the T11 progression. What guild were you with back then? I know you said you don't have a clear memory of your guild history but I'd like a sense of whom you raided with for T11 T12 and T13. I'm not qualified to study your logs - Feja will be needed for that, and I suspect he will have something to say about your characterization of Disc as an easy one button spec. ;)

Second, you must realize that both your gear and your progression are way behind our team's. Why did you apply? Was there something about our guild that sounded great to you? Are you just hoping to find a guild with greater progression to try to tug you back up the ladder? I need to understand this better.

Third, even moreso than your gear (which can be overlooked if your gameplay and past progression are strong enough), I am very concerned about your schedule. Randomly sometimes missing raids once a week or every other week is the scariest thing you could possibly tell me as one of my core healers. Currently we are in the process of building up our roster so that we have more of a safety margin for such things, but even so we prefer a static / small roster. Have you thought about your schedule vs. the demands of a serious progression team? Does it make sense (in your opinion) for you to be on such a team?

Curious to hear your thoughts, and sorry I was not available to chat last night.

As far as I remember I raided the beginning of Tier 11 with Yakuza Lords and finished it with a Guild named Did it For Whitney, both guilds died. I left Did it for Whitney for Exordium because the guild leader was kind of a jerk. He didn't like females much and so if a female messed up, we got torn apart and if a guy messed up it was just a meh thing. Left Yakuza Lords because it was starting to fall apart because core raiders were leaving for other guilds.

As far as what brought me to your guild was really the hours you raided, after talking to Midri and seeing that you also play other games besides just WoW it was a big plus. I'm by no means looking for a carry, I'm looking for an environment that has a community that does stuff in WoW and outside of WoW. I would happily stay with my guild if I didn't feel like I was dying from the hours and it was not only affecting my gameplay but also my school life (work).

If I'm looking at it from your position I guess the chance of missing a raid would be something unfavorable and probably see about denying them access, which I can understand if that's what happens. Especially with also now knowing I would be missing 2 1/2 weeks come end of April/beginning of May because I have to go TAD and work with the S.E.A.Ls. If anything I can say I'd love to be apart of your guild in WoW but if not I would like to be apart of your community you have for other games such as Starcraft 2 and League of Legends. They are 2 games I play often... Mainly just League, been trying to get to Gold/Platinum this season and I play a mean support.

What if we offered to take you in a standby capacity until after your schedule stabilized in April/May? Would you be comfortable coming for farm nights or filling in for others when we have absences, if it meant that you were raiding less often?

Friend status is normally reserved for people who were former members, but we could talk about setting you up in that rank if you were just looking for the community aspect.

Would need time to think that over. You will probably see me again around that time. If I'm going to try to raid with you guys with 5.2 coming out I may as well try to get all the experience I can to be a good asset to you on heroics. Coming in on farm nights somewhat makes me feel uneasy like it's being carried through. If okay I would love to keep in touch and of course meet you guys on other games.

My battlenet is there for starcraft 2 and my League of Legends name is Kamugi