Svin - Shadow Priest

Svin

Hurray, glad you're apping! Welcome to the forums!

However...

I can not accept you into this guild until I see a picture of that puppy!

Boombox, here is a picture of him last night before we went to bed.

8371dd81-9d1b-4345-9a00-f6d5c4cbcf16_zps4ab1180a.jpg

Thanks for the detailed app. It's exciting to see someone interested in all aspects of the game, PvE and PvP. Just one thing though, if you are race changing to troll, I hope you don't like wearing shoes!

The good thing about going troll is that I don't have to farm for boots when I decide that I want a new transmog!

Hi Svin,

First thing's first - did I make the mistake of assuming you were a guy this whole time? (This has no bearing on your app but I'm a bit embarrassed.)

Second thank you for the app. You really got us out of a jam last night.

We've already raided with you on a few occassions, so there is really no need for me to belabor the process. Recruit accepted!

You need to review our code of conduct (guild policy forum) and post to indicate your agreement. You should also review the chapter policy and raiding forums under wow. In particular, check out the post explaining our points system and please download the addon prior to tonight's raid.

Look forward to seeing you. :)

(and yes we will require you to get a working mic during your trial - please no desktop mic!)

Nice pup, we've got a few Malamutes ourselves, but I won't post any pictures and try to steal your thunder! Welcome to the team.

I only have one thing to say about what you wrote for your app as far as a critique goes, and that is that SW:P does not do more damage than VT. It did do more damage after the 25% buff, but after they nerfed it by 25% again, the gap is even bigger than before I feel like, since it appears (at least to me) that rather than just reverting the 25% buff, they actually nerfed it to lower than it was before!

Note: I don't actually have any proof to back up that claim about them nerfing it lower than it was before, it is just a feeling, so don't hold me to that. But I do know that VT is once again stronger than SW:P.

Hi Svin,

First thing's first - did I make the mistake of assuming you were a guy this whole time? (This has no bearing on your app but I'm a bit embarrassed.)

Second thank you for the app. You really got us out of a jam last night.

We've already raided with you on a few occassions, so there is really no need for me to belabor the process. Recruit accepted!

You need to review our code of conduct (guild policy forum) and post to indicate your agreement. You should also review the chapter policy and raiding forums under wow. In particular, check out the post explaining our points system and please download the addon prior to tonight's raid.

Look forward to seeing you. :)

(and yes we will require you to get a working mic during your trial - please no desktop mic!)

You are correct. I am indeed a guy. People just always assume I am a girl because of how my name is spelled, but I am a guy.

Thanks again for taking me last night, it was good to get back into raiding as well as raiding with you guys!

I have read everything, downloaded the addon for the DKP system, and got a mic for raiding.

Nice pup, we've got a few Malamutes ourselves, but I won't post any pictures and try to steal your thunder! Welcome to the team.

I only have one thing to say about what you wrote for your app as far as a critique goes, and that is that SW:P does not do more damage than VT. It did do more damage after the 25% buff, but after they nerfed it by 25% again, the gap is even bigger than before I feel like, since it appears (at least to me) that rather than just reverting the 25% buff, they actually nerfed it to lower than it was before!

Note: I don't actually have any proof to back up that claim about them nerfing it lower than it was before, it is just a feeling, so don't hold me to that. But I do know that VT is once again stronger than SW:P.

My brother actually told me that I should get a Malamute/Husky mix before I got him. I have always wanted a Husky because I love the blue eyes and the distinct facial markings! You will definitely have to show me some pictures of your dogs.

I didn't even know that SW:P was nerfed. I will definitely try and find out if it is still better to just apply SW:P on AoE groups or to apply VT instead. I know from before, I lost a lot of AoE damage from using VT over SW:P before the nerf, but i'll look around to see what I can find on how to priest.