FrostieX Frost Mage (Reroll)

Nyzx

My name's Alexx and I Live in MA. No I don't have "Boston accent", only the foreigners who came here do! I am 24, married and have a 5 year old son(Lives with his mother aka DevilBitch) and a 2 year old daughter. I am a work from home Dad and LOVE IT! I started playing WoW 5 years ago when I was introduced to it while serving in the US Army. I have taken 1 major beak from the game and that was during RS because I was hacked and Blizzard gave me the hardest time getting my account back(took almost 3 months)! Towards the end of Wrath and early Cataclysm I decided I wanted to be a hardcore raider and started striving to be the best at what I did and still feel the same way today. I gear as many toons as I can incase the guild I'm in ever needs a backup/reroll. I have played at all PoVs and can say that I play them all exceptionally. In my free time outside of Main Raids I am either raiding on alts or clearing Challenge Modes. One would say I play this game way too much but it's what I love. I am one of those players that enjoys ranking but it's not my main concern. Most classes bring amazing utility to raids so numbers should never be top priority, I also can't stand when people blame "RNG" because rng is just a Really Neglectful Gamer so if I make a mistake I take the blame and when I make mistakes that I do not notice myself I expect to be called out on it or else there's a chance I can't fix it. When it comes to downing bosses I do not care about loot and am far from a loot whore, the only thing that matters to me is clearing bosses, it's not like you can only kill a boss once so the loot is surely going to drop again! What I am looking for is a solid progression guild that has stability for a long term home and after going over South of Heaven I can see myself fitting in here and know I can offer everything the guild needs in its players to succeed. Well enough about my obsession with this game so here's some of my previous and current progression!

Mists of Pandaria:

12/12N

4/4H (US #38 Sha of Fear/Realm First)(Cutting Edge)

6/6H (US #50 Grand Empress/Realm First)Cutting Edge)

6/6H (US #35 Will of the Emperor/Realm First)(Cutting Edge)

Cataclysm:

8/8H (US #109/Realm First/5% Nerf)

7/7H (US #260/Realm First)

13/13H (US #175/Realm First)

Wrath of the Lich King:

0/2 RS

12/12H (US #137 Bane of the Fallen King/Realm First)

5/5H (US #51 Tribute to Insanity/Realm First)

I did forget to add logs to this but I'm going to post this for the time being while I get them before this app times out and I /palm.

One thing I would like to add is some of my armories:

FrostieX(Mage) - http://us.battle.net...ostiex/advanced

NyzX(Warlock) - http://us.battle.net...d/Nyzx/advanced

NyeDK(Death Knight) - http://us.battle.net.../Nyedk/advanced

From what I've posted so far please feel free to add comments and questions and I'll respong asap while I'm getting some logs!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Addon List:

Addon Control Panel

Deadly Boss Mods

ElvUI

OmniCC

ReforgeLite

Skada Damage Meter

WeakAuras

UI Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/UIbgUFT.jpg?1

Logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wzsr9ingb4n0feob/sum/damageDone/?s=2307&e=2722

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and thanks for the app.

I think my first concern that I would like you to address is as follows. You were previously in a guild that was very highly ranked and I assume they raided quite a lot more than we do. Have you thought about our schedule? Specifically, will you be happy if you are only raiding nine hours per week? You mentioned all your free time, etc.

Are we a stepping stone to get your new mage geared so you can apply to something more in line with your previous guild?

Did you review our recruitment post and, if so, what in particular makes you interested in this guild as opposed to any other guild?

Lastly - why does your name have two x's??

Cheers.

Yes I have gone over it all. The progression isn't as good but too me that's not a big deal it's still early in the content and have no doubt you will progress at a great pace. The raid days aren't as much which also isn't a big deal since I have a 2 year old daughter so it will give me more time to hang out with her and the times are perfect for me! As for a stepping stone NO! I am looking for a long term home. I am far from a douche that would come for gear and peace out, a 2 year old makes me too poor to transfer back and forth. I did go over and what catches me and drags me in the most is the stability of the guild and the steady progression, you have been around for a long time and shows you wont be falling apart. As for other guilds I am trying to avoid the 5 day raiding schedule so the 3 days are great! For my name having 2 x's it's cause my nephew used to have a lisp so he pronounced it with 2 x's and over the years everyone just started spelling it that way and caught on so i kept it that way.

Well I play frost cause from what I have read up on fire is it scales a lot with gear/crit which my crit isnt high enough and my gear is a little behind so at my current stats frost is pulling ahead when i Simcraft'd it. As for the haste enchant I went with that over Pandaren Step because I try to utilize my blink as much as possible and high movement fights I would go for Blazing Speed. Also Simcraft shows a minor damage difference between all specs http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html.

You say our progression isn't good, but I can think of only two or three 25m teams in the country that can match our progression with the hours we have. At nine hours we are essentially a two-night guild but we just find that shorter raids work better for us, so we have spread the hours over three nights.

I do think you are correct that at your current gear Fire isn't quite in your reach yet. Will take a look at your logs later altho I'm not very qualified to read Frost. Perhaps one of the resident mages will assist me. ;)

No I did not say your progression isn't good? I was saying it's not as progressed as my main guild but that wasn't an issue because you said "You were previously in a guild that was very highly ranked and I assume they raided quite a lot more than we do." Sorry if i was misunderstanding with my response.

No worries. I guess another way to express my concern is that this team is run very differently from the one you came from. We don't pursue progression at any cost. Instead, we try to push the highest progression we can within the limitations we've all agreed to. So, we're not going to be a top 20 team. I think we often play at that level, but with 9 hours I can't compete with 5-night guilds. So I feel that it's important for you to understand what our goals are (vs. what they are not). For example, this tier the most important thing for us is clearing 13/13H. It's always very exciting for us to get a higher rank, and this tier is the best we've done so far. But this team is never going to become a 5-night guild treating people as means to end and sacrificing everything to get top 20 or top 10. It's just not us. We're progression + humanity on a nine hour week. You have to want that specifically to be happy here.

Does that make sense?

Yes it makes complete sense and it's exactly what im looking for. As mentioned above i have a 2 year old so the 5 days a week is what I'm avoiding so I can spend more time with her and 9 hours a week of main raiding is awesome compared to the 20+ I was doing. For progression I understand your not going for top US guild and that is fine with me, it's less pressure on raiders which makes it a great raiding environment. In overall your guild is exactly what I'm looking for to be a long term home for me. All the matters to me is getting to raid and having fun while in a positive environment which you are offering :D