FrostieX Frost Mage (Reroll)

Nyzx

Okay - we should set up a mumble interview later this week or saturday afternoon so I can get a better feel for your personality.

On another topic, I was wondering why you decided to stick with your mage? Seems like you were doing some solid work on your warlock, etc. What made mage more appealing? You mentioned that all classes have great utility and its often more important than DPS. I agree, but can you show me that you aren't just telling me what I want to hear? Please give some specific examples of how you would use mage utility on the current T15 fights to the benefit of your team.

Cheers.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I can do a mumble interview whenever.I went to mage because my guild has 5 locks and I was the only one willing to reroll for the guild. By the time I hit 90 and got the gear I felt I could perform to what was needed in a raid environment the guild then got 5 mages so I was pretty upset and really don't want to go through the rerolling again. After playing the mage so much it became one of my favorite classes. As I mentioned about the utility I wish mage was as good as a warlocks beast ass gateway but sadly as a mage I only offer rings, Novas, Deep Freezes and Cones for slows, also slow fall, spell steals and sheeps for the few fights they would be useful on. And I haven't been in top US guilds from just talk :p. I run frost bomb because I run A LOT of CM clears and I found it to give more procs over tempest but for the most part I swap between them both often. For Horridon, yes I tunneled. I didnt want to use that fight as a log of interest because the increased damage taken so I did not bother taking the lfr version for a serious log.This is what you want to hear, I do a billion dps and 1 shot all heroic raid bosses! :D

After playing the mage so much it became one of my favorite classes.

Yes, but why?

As I mentioned about the utility I wish mage was as good as a warlocks beast ass gateway but sadly as a mage I only offer rings, Novas, Deep Freezes and Cones for slows, also slow fall, spell steals and sheeps for the few fights they would be useful on. And I haven't been in top US guilds from just talk :p.

I'm not suggesting you are all talk, but I'm asking you to show me how you think through some of the current heroic content as a mage. Walk me through how you will approach Horridon when you're not tunneling in LFR. Tell me how you will approach HM Tortos (you will be on turtle duty). Tell me how your class utility comes into play on those fights, and what your strategy will be to maximize your performance on them.

Cheers.

My favorite raid was Firelands and my favorite boss was Heroic Ragnaros, the overall mechanics of the fight were amazing and made it such a hard fight. Those 1% wipes to improper taunts were just the cherry on top! While on topic my most hated fight by far was Heroic Sha of Fear. F that fight! It was a great concentration check but damn was it a pain in the ass to try moving before the phase change and not being able to trinket huddle as you popped a cd was just grrrrrr.Ashin sorry misread the question.On Horridon I would be Ringing on CD to help add control while nuking them down in a timely fashion. I would be using my Deep Freezes on adds on CD to help with incoming tank damage to take a little stress off healers.I would be using blink and blazing to avoid swipes/sandtraps and all other unnecessary damage to minimize my movement so I could get in more damage. I would also try and only when I had FoF and Brain Freeze procs so I wouldn't lose any cast times. On Tortos I assume I would be the slow bitch so I would be keeping slows on turtles of course using Cones and bolts. I would use my cones while all turtles are stacked on their way out form under the boss, In addition, I would be using my rings on bats to help with quick stuns for tanks. I would be using PoM on CD for tortos to reduce cast loss and I can blink out of stomps to avoid letting my slows drop from the turtles and to keep my 3 bolts stack active. If you meant Kick Bitch I would be kicking turtles 1 sec before breath for travel time and when new turtles are spawning. The reason I found my mage more enjoyable then my other toons is the play style, it's like having a warlock on crack. The burst damage output is stupid good and the mobility of the class makes them very useful.Being able to blink out of stuns, affected areas and to minimize travel time and having almost no downtime. Also getting so many slows, roots and a 45 second AoE stun makes them one of the best kiters and completely unfair classes in both PvE and PvP. I almost forgot about Invisibilty, the best oh shit we are gonna need a mass rez ability and if spec'd into Greater Invisibility makes it amazing to use as a defensive when block is on cooldown.(I would not be using Invisibilty on Horridon due to the issues with the spirits targeting someone else and said player not being able to see/knockback).

It's interesting that you cite mobility as a mage advantage, coming from a warlock. You really feel that mages have better mobile DPS than warlocks or hunters? o.O

I don't like to demean people who are given special assignments. On our team, if you are given a special assignment it means you're the player who is reliable enough to be trusted with it. Anybody can tunnel a DPS rotation with a little practice. Weaving extra duties and minimizing your incoming damage while maintaining a high level of outgoing damage is what makes a great raider.

Well as a warlock yes KJ is amazing but at the same time the movement reduction can be a real ball buster, not sure if you ever tried to play a warlock on heroic sha but that reduction could get you killed, and hunters, i can not speak for that class i have not played a hunter since early t11. I agree I was the raid leader during DS and lead us to a US #109 25man heroic Madness kill so I am all about min/maxing and when I assigned special duties all that mattered was getting your jobs done while maintaining a steady damage output to lead the guild to a victory kill.I forgot to put in the downside of mage is the cast time of FB. that shit takes days to cast.

Ok, I have similar remarks to make on this thread as I did on Pandae's. I am VERY eager to get a mage on trial for the team. Our roster is running too lean and I need ranged DPS on the vanq token.

The fact that you come with us with such impressive past experience is exciting. But the vibe I am getting is that you are pretty rough around the edges. I like to keep things civilized. You might be a very loyal and reliable teammate - you were willing to reroll for you previous team. But the very first thing you chose to tell me about yourself is that your son's mother is a bitch. It's kind of a :Confused: way to start a conversation with someone, don't you think?

What I would like to suggest is that we set up a mumble date either Friday night or Saturday afternoon. I need to get a feel for your personality; maybe we queue for an LFR while we chat. If we get along then I would be happy to bring you for a trial. How does that sound?