Swazyee - 528 ilvl Assasination Rogue - xfer

Swayzee

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Swazyee! I just recently came here from Cho'gall. What's going on with Lusting on Trash?

We had some leave to other guilds, a few quit the game, a lot of ppl have RL stuff going on. Unfortunelty I cant be upset things happen, KCCO!

Hi Swayzee, I'm Raer and I play a Rogue in South of Heaven 25man raids.

Looking over your logs, and I have to say I'm impressed on some occasions. Others I'm scratching my head in utter confusion.

The fights you linked are very strong. Starting with Jin'rokh: Everything seems good, but your second potion timing seems a bit off to me. In the second pool, with no cooldowns. If you had waited until the 3rd pool (with Vendetta/SB) I'm sure you would have gotten better mileage.

Tortos: AoE'ing the kited bats is fun. Big numbers but only helpful in slowing. I also notice you let Slice and Dice fall off several times, what happened there? Using Crimson Tempest on the bats...what's your logic behind this if you're only slowing? Using Envenom in it's place would have netted you a refresh on SnD and more poison procs so you could apply your slow more effectively.

Magaera: I'm not looking at the normal mode kill, but the several wipes on Heroic. You did a minor amount of damage to the Wyrms. What are your thoughts behind pumping more damage into the heads and ignoring the Wyrms to lessen the number of spawns you have to deal with (even if it dropped your personal DPS)?

Moving on to farm and other fights you didn't link: I notice on H Horridon on 7/5 you had trouble with Slice and Dice again. Also using Crimson Tempest. To be completely honest, I don't even have that spell bound as anything other than Subtlety.

One last thing: What are your thoughts on the RPPM trinkets/meta system and our stat weights?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the issues I've brought up.

Cheers, Raer

Mork...shame on you.

Pleasure to meet you Raer,

Well lets get to it, I think with I may have just fat finger my Keybind that has my pot on it, ill have to remove that. Thanks for the tip.

To be honest my concern was to make sure the adds were not getting close to our kiter, while dodging rock fall and spining turtles. This was the first time i was given this task. I let SnD drop intentianally.

For Megeara, we recently (last night) changed our strat to have our ret pally go prot and hold the adds and then Aoe them down during rampage. Again I do as instructed of my raid lead. I would love nothing more then to stay on the boss. :)

I dont have a clear answer for Heroic Horridon could of been an off night maybe.

For the RPPM trinkets/ Legendary meta, which sounded confusing to me when first introduced, scale directly with haste. The more haste we have, the more often they proc. It's that simple. I wont make the switch until full heroic BIS gear is available to me.

I really enjoyed reading your application and I personally really enjoy the spunk you have. I especially enjoyed your comment on calming down on Tortos. In my opinion, you are someone I could go out with and have a great time with, but then my girlfriend would say "why the fuck did you do that?"

This statement really confuses me to be honest. I am having a hard time understanding how someone who seeks to be the best (i.e. a heroic raider) can not understand his own weaknesses. How are you able to improve yourself if you can't identify some of your own weaknesses? Do you require someone else to tell you what is going wrong?

I also find that to be kind of a cocky response even if you are not intending it to be.

I respect your opinion. I 100% value my fellow raiders/guildies opinions. I dont find something I can do better at a "weakness", I find someting I can "not do" period a weakness. If there is something I can do better at, i will take the time to research, see what other rogues are running to see what the most efficient spec is for that fight, see where most of there damage is going ect.

I believe i got everyone.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I understand fat fingering keys at inopportune times..Even with rather small hand I manage to do that on occasion.

I'm not sure why you would intentionally let SnD fall off. I can't imagine a situation where letting it fall off would be of greater gain than using even a <5 CP envenom to keep it up. Reapplying SnD is a waste of combo points, one of the biggest Rogue sins we can commit.

I definitely understand having off nights, those nights where NOTHING seems to go right >,<

You say you won't swap until full BiS is available? What's your logic behind that decision?

You say you won't swap until full BiS is available? What's your logic behind that decision?

I guess thats what a lot of sites are telling me I should do, this is why I havent played around with it myself just yet. Is that not the case? Is it working well for you?

I've done well with both builds. Mastery > Haste felt more "steady", but Haste > Mastery felt smoother. I definitely have higher uptimes on Envenom with Haste, but consequently lower poison damage compared to someone with more Mastery. Typically when I get a new piece of gear I run Simcraft and Shadowcraft to see the changes and differences in opinion. So far Haste sims higher and in actuality seems better, but it really depends on your own stats/gear.

Overall, I'd say that Haste > Mastery is a bit more RNG and not as reliable. Some pulls it's great, others not so much. I just swapped back to it from being Mastery > Haste for further testing.