Swazyee - 528 ilvl Assasination Rogue - xfer

Swayzee

My thoughts on this: So say you're down to the wire; the tank is dead, the raid is dying, the boss is at >1%. You're the last one left alive, all survival CDs just dropped, you have time for 1 ability to hit (non white hits) that would kill the boss and save the day. But wait, you're not hit capped and the immensely low chance to miss happens. You die, the boss resets. If you were hit capped you would have killed it, possibly getting Realm First *insert fancy title/bossname*

You can argue all you want against the theoretical chance to miss might not EVER happen, but if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that Murphy's Law is a constant and will bite you in the ass.

That being said, I hope you're not using Ask Mr Robot over Shadowcraft 203%20bulgy-eyes.png

I've seen high end guilds use (Blood Legion for example) only use reforge light and nothing else, not saying they dont use other resourses, but there are so many different avenues of information and theory crafting that can be used. Whos to say whos right and wrong?

Neither Mr. Robot or Shadowcraft are more right, in my opinion. They're working towards the same goal from a different approach.

On the very xtremely rare chance of this hyperthetical situation occuring you may have a point. But Im sure with a boss at sub >1% enough dots should be rolling so staying alive would be a concern at that point imo. Again a hyperthetical situatuion.

In regards to Murphy Law, which I completely undestand but you feel stressed when events that you did not expect to happen occur. And your stress is increased when this happens at the least ideal time. To reduce the stress you feel, you need to take back control! The're steps we take (fight research and attempts) that will allow us to predict the outcome (Not standing in fire, proper CD usesage, healers playing with almost perfect/conecntration, tanks on there A game) and because we are initiating the event, you also know when it will occur, you miss a CD guess what? Everyone knows that situation could have been prevented. As you go through the fight, your confidence increases. Therefore reduceing your chance of said OMFG WTF! Wipe inc.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with raer on this. With some much hit/exp this patch you shouldnt under hit cap. Every little bit counts. Someone with same gear and doing same rotation as you but is hit cap will always do more dps than you.As for Mr Robot's advice, his take on hit cap simply is not supported by the math. If it were a net gain to be slightly below the cap, every dps who does the math (which is most of the raiders in end game hardcore progression guilds) would all be following this approach. None do...

Give me more this is keeping me entertained at work.

You're supposed to entertain us - you're the one trying to get in.

For the record I agree with Stridur and Raer on this. Mathematically, you may do 0.0X% more dps by dipping under hit cap to get a bit more secondary. But I view that as a selfish choice. It's saying you are willing to take a risk (missed interrupt, missed shiv, kills raid team) with your core responsibilities in order to get a teeny tiny bit more theoretical dps. I would rather you be a little over than a little under. Granted, the amount under discussion is small. But even so I just don't agree with your rationale.

This is coming from an outsider, but being under the hit cap is NOT worth it using any math you like. Your argument with certain percentages giving you low probability of missing are flawed, the DPS loss of 0.09% of your abilities and autoattacks missing is not made up for by the ~30 of some other stat rating.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I guess my question is - if I ask you to make sure you are at/above hit cap while you're on my raid team, will you respect that?

Hey I think I'm doing a good job. ;)

Pretty good. I'd like to see more socks. You also mentioned abs.

This is coming from an outsider, but being under the hit cap is NOT worth it using any math you like. Your argument with certain percentages giving you low probability of missing are flawed, the DPS loss of 0.09% of your abilities and autoattacks missing is not made up for by the ~30 of some other stat rating.

Thuz, let's keep your insight/opinions to your own application (if you decide to post one). I do not want applicants to debate eachother here. Swayzee's thread is about him, not you. Fair?

Were talking preferences at this point, I'm not saying this my choice (stomp my feet) the hell with yours. I am not opposed to changing one reforge to put this conversation to rest. I was just sharing my opinion on the matter which i beleive is neither wrong nor right, and niether are your opinions.

35919768.jpg

Awesome!