Thebloom 528 Hunter Application

Thebloom

Hola Senor,

Thank you for posting a nice app and interest in SOH.It always great to see an old hunter , as I as well completed the hunter quest when demons were rare spawn and some derp came to thinking he was doing you favor by hitting the demon and you had camp him again. Good ol days. Now to your app.

Armory:

Everything looks good no complaints

UI:

Over all looks more default , not really a fan of blizzard default UI but if it works for you all good.

Logs: (Looking at the logs from this week)

Jin' Rokh

This was covered already

Horridon:

Executed this fight with very good damage and stil hitting adds and flawless survivability

Council:

Good job and dpsing the Blessed LOA

Tortos:

Dps seemed kinda low, especially since you were killing bats, any reason you died 3 times to them? Having stuff like deterrence, FD, and MD, cant see how this can happen, especially that you mention things from the old days where we had to do tricks, fd, and kite.

Durmu:

Looks good but I feel like you could be pushing a little more. Hunter's really shine on fights where you have to move alot cause of our dps mobility. Your item level is higher than mine , and we both have the same weapon yet I got 20k more on this fight. What Could you have done better?

Iron qon:

You died twice to wind tornado and once to cinders nothing crazy for progression night. Things I saw wrong from this log was your Serpent Sting up time was really low, not higher than 77%. I dont expect it to be at 100% but at least 90% . With addon tracking your dots it shouldnt be so low. Out of 15 attempts never used 300 food. On progression fight is where you want bring the most you can.

Hunter questions:

Which ICD's should you be tracking?

List all the macros you use for dps and explain their use.

What is your opener for BM and Your prioties for Surv ?

What sets you apart as a Hunter, specifically. Or, what are some ways that you can increase your DPS?

Edited by Stridur

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola Juan,

Esta es una muy buena aplicación. Usted parece tener una personalidad burbujeante.

Now, a few key questions-

1. What is your Favoriote color?

2. What is your favoriote Disney Movie

3. Do you drink?

4. Do you PVP?

5. How do you feel about combining alcohol and pvp?

6. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

7. Can you crack a walnut with your Glutes?

Yo! I'm not gonna lie, I had to copy and paste that Espanol to a translator. Very kind of you to say, thanks!

1. Green

2. Definitely Beauty and the Beasty.

3. Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch all at once.

4. I used to pvp a lot back in Vanilla with the old grinding system, although I've only reached up to Knight Lieutenant (which already took a lot of time). I casually did arenas in Cata, mainly due to some PVP gear being viable for raiding. I have not done any pvp whatsoever in MoP.

5. ...that is about one of the best ideas I've ever heard.

6. African or European? (I haven't refreshed my Monty Python humor as of late, sad to say)

7. I have been doing squats lately, so I may be able to.

@Stridur

Awesome to hear that you're a fellow Veteran Hunter!

Logs I must admit that this past week hasn't been one of my favorable ones in general

Tortos

I actually just MD the bats to the Monk kiter as much as I can. We never went to the kill bats strat. My priority was just to simply MD the bats > Turtles > Boss. The first two deaths were due to a wipe being called, if I remember correctly, and the third was too much aggro off the last set that I was attempting to MD to the kiter. However, you were right regarding the FD and Deterrence, as I could have used either of them.

Duru

I remember this vividly. One of the reason why my dps was pretty low compared to yours was my second pot timing, as I failed to stack them with both of my trinket procs. I knew I should've waited a little longer for the ICDs. Also, our drops has had a streak of bad luck in nabbing those elusive RPPM trinkets, as I notice you have them both. I can imagine they'd be a significant boost.

Iron Qon:

The night began fairly poorly, as one of our main healers were late and we had to pull in a casual hunter dps whose ilvl wasn't nearly completely optimal for the fight. So the Raid Leader said that the pulls for the night was to simply "gauge" the fight and get a feel for it. As far as the raid is concerned, the officers didn't deem the night as a full progression raid—it was more of a test run.

I do carry plenty of stacks of 300 food, ready to be consumed on progression fights, as obviously, they are a must for min/maxing throughput on progression fights.

My SS time was really low, and I believe it was due to me failing to refresh them during BW uptimes. That and many other flaws for the fight will be definitely worked on.

Hunter questions:

Which ICD's should you be tracking?

Currently I'm tracking both my Trinkets' ICDs.

In general, I utilize very few as I'm pretty comfortable with the way my keybinds are set up. The few that I use include:

Cancel auras and rabid for Arcane Shot - Simple Click to Cancel Buffs that disables my actions and to assure that my pet casts rabid (tends not to at times). On BM, I also have it bound to my Dire Beast.

Stopcast, Deterrence and cancel aura Deterrence Macro - This is bound to my mouse for quicker evasion and emergencies.

#show Rapid Fire

/cast Rapid Fire

/cast Berserzking

Pretty self explanatory.

Other macros include fight specific ones like Ball handling on Sha, Pink Dino target on horridon, and others.

What is your opener for BM and Your prioties for Surv ?

BM:

This spec is all about maximizing uptime during BW. Timing my trinket process, saving Frenzy stacks, potting to maximize agility stacks is crucial. After that following the ability prioritiy: Opening: Serpent Sting > Stampede > Rapid Fire and Berserking (since Readiness will refresh RF) > BW to Kill Command> Glaive Toss > AMoC (to take advantage of reduced focus cost > AS until Kill Command (with 4pc T14, up to 3 KCs are possible with increased duration) > Glaive Toss > Cobra shot if focus starved Readiness will be used once BW is over and after a kill command/Glaive is cast (since KC/GT will be instantly refresh once Readiness is cast again and potion uptime should be in its last seconds by that time). After readiness, the priority list mentioned will be utilized again.

SV:

With the heightened potential of focus capping due to LnL procs, I try as much as I can to maintain my focus around 60. My priority is as follows: Opening after MD (After pre pot): Rapid fire/Berserking > Exp Shot > Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Fervor > Barrage or Glaive Toss (depending on fight but typically, I use barrage with SV for maximum AOE) > AS > Cobra shot to replenish focus During LnL process: Exp Shot x 3 (used to be Exp Shot x 2 > AS > Exp Shot due to clipping but this was changed when MoP started) Readiness then the above priority begins again.

Generally SV shot priority should be Keeping SrS up > BA > Exp Shot > GT/Barrage > AS

What sets you apart as a Hunter, specifically. Or, what are some ways that you can increase your DPS?

I think with such a fairly extensive experience with the raiding scene, I'm pretty quick in adapting to fights and adhere to the mechanics at hand all the while maximizing my dps. Everyday I do a bit of research to maximize my throughput by looking at others' logs and frequently browsing mmo-champ forums (I think i saw you post there a couple of times, at times, mistaking you for Tehstool because of your forum sig).

Why do prefer 25m so much? What sort of roster size do you think is ideal for a 25m team?

And what's your availability this weekend for a Mumble date?

25 man just offers a much more competitive raiding environment. Fellow classes can discuss strats and maximing DPS among many things. And 25 nerds screaming to a progression kill is much better than 10.

Also, I'm available Saturday afternoon and Sunday late afternoon till night for the Mumble date. I'll bring the booze.

I had hoped for some reason Thebloom was your special nickname for Orlando Bloom.

Do you sing 'David Duchovny, why won't you love me' often? Do you wish he was floating above you?

So, Kate Beckinsale, eh? Given the numerous amounts of plastic surgery which were required to create Kate Beckinsale, is your stance that ultimate beauty can only be achieved via Science/Surgery?

Best of luck with your app!

I had hoped for some reason Thebloom was your special nickname for Orlando Bloom.

Do you sing 'David Duchovny, why won't you love me' often? Do you wish he was floating above you?

So, Kate Beckinsale, eh? Given the numerous amounts of plastic surgery which were required to create Kate Beckinsale, is your stance that ultimate beauty can only be achieved via Science/Surgery?

Best of luck with your app!

But it is good sir. The genesis of my toon name was due to a friend giving me a 10-day trial for WoW back then when I was still playing FF11. I think Return of the King was about to come out at that time, so i was like "Eh screw it, I'm making an NELF hunter calling it Thebloom" as an ode to Mr. Orlando Bloom.

And be that as it may with Kate Beckinsale, but she is absolutely perfect. And I'm all for natural beauty, it's just that KB's queen.

Thanks!

Also, I'm available Saturday afternoon and Sunday late afternoon till night for the Mumble date. I'll bring the booze.

Okay, I like everything I've seen so far. I will be around both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Add my btag ashin#1840.

Duru

I remember this vividly. One of the reason why my dps was pretty low compared to yours was my second pot timing, as I failed to stack them with both of my trinket procs. I knew I should've waited a little longer for the ICDs. Also, our drops has had a streak of bad luck in nabbing those elusive RPPM trinkets, as I notice you have them both. I can imagine they'd be a significant boost.

Ok glad you caught what you could've done better. Trinkets are def a boost but they still want give u 20k either.

Iron Qon:

The night began fairly poorly, as one of our main healers were late and we had to pull in a casual hunter dps whose ilvl wasn't nearly completely optimal for the fight. So the Raid Leader said that the pulls for the night was to simply "gauge" the fight and get a feel for it. As far as the raid is concerned, the officers didn't deem the night as a full progression raid—it was more of a test run.

I do carry plenty of stacks of 300 food, ready to be consumed on progression fights, as obviously, they are a must for min/maxing throughput on progression fights.

My SS time was really low, and I believe it was due to me failing to refresh them during BW uptimes. That and many other flaws for the fight will be definitely worked on.

I saw that healing look little off. I dont know maybe its me , always want bring best to a progression fight. Im not saying you had to use it for all attempts but this whole week you only used 300 food once. As long you have 2-3 stacks per week you be fine as you will be ask to switch to it at times, Personally what I do is, use cobra to refresh if cast time is at or lower then about 1.3sec or I need focus. Otherwise manually refresh if you have very high focus during BW so you don't focus cap..

Hunter questions:

In general, I utilize very few as I'm pretty comfortable with the way my keybinds are set up. The few that I use include:

#show Rapid Fire

/cast Rapid Fire

/cast Berserzking

Why do you have Rapid fire and Berserking casting at the same time? As a general rule for haste buff effects, its better to spread them out.

BM:

This spec is all about maximizing uptime during BW. Timing my trinket process, saving Frenzy stacks, potting to maximize agility stacks is crucial. After that following the ability prioritiy: Opening: Serpent Sting > Stampede > Rapid Fire and Berserking (since Readiness will refresh RF) > BW to Kill Command> Glaive Toss > AMoC (to take advantage of reduced focus cost > AS until Kill Command (with 4pc T14, up to 3 KCs are possible with increased duration) > Glaive Toss > Cobra shot if focus starved Readiness will be used once BW is over and after a kill command/Glaive is cast (since KC/GT will be instantly refresh once Readiness is cast again and potion uptime should be in its last seconds by that time). After readiness, the priority list mentioned will be utilized again.

This could also be why your damage was little lower as well on durmu. Your waiting full minute to use readiness when you can still get 3 kcs on your first bw. Amoc should be used right after your first KC, as its your 2nd highest damage and hits harder than GT. Where do you put DB?

SV:

With the heightened potential of focus capping due to LnL procs, I try as much as I can to maintain my focus around 60. My priority is as follows: Opening after MD (After pre pot): Rapid fire/Berserking > Exp Shot > Black Arrow > Serpent Sting > Fervor > Barrage or Glaive Toss (depending on fight but typically, I use barrage with SV for maximum AOE) > AS > Cobra shot to replenish focus During LnL process: Exp Shot x 3 (used to be Exp Shot x 2 > AS > Exp Shot due to clipping but this was changed when MoP started) Readiness then the above priority begins again.

Generally SV shot priority should be Keeping SrS up > BA > Exp Shot > GT/Barrage > AS

I would get all my dots rolling before using Rapid fire( BA, Srs, ES in that order) then use stampede then> rf . Theres good chance by the time you about to use fervor for AMOC that LnL will proc. Thats why you want BA as your first , more LNL means more Expolsive shots in fight. Do use KS before es or after?

Yo Strid, thanks for you heavy input and time lookin into it

Duru

Another issue could've been that I think I had a red beam on me on one beam phase, so I was constantly target switching (not just parking my pet on boss to add the add damage) and wasn't able to keep my SS up on duru.

Qon

Noted, I'll keep that in mind. I just try to spam as much AS as I could but failing to refresh SS up but I'll keep a better eye out next time.

Macro

This is where I fell behind a bit on as I was still following some predated theory to stack RF with zerk (possibly even during the Fireland days). I'll go ahead and test out separating these two values.

BM

I'll check out that adjustment regarding the first BW and also make sure to cast AMOC as the second ability. DB is casted prior to my BM.

SV

As with all other specs, Kill Shot takes prior above every ability during that phase. I cast ES off initial pull to get the most out of that MD aggro typically, but I very much understand the prioritization of BA.