528 Blood DK

Shaffer

Hey, So ill start off giving you a little insight about myself and my situation and why ive looked into your guild. I will post links and all the good stuff down below. Im 23, i work in the mental health field as a residential counselor which is my full time job, I've been married for 8 months as of yesterday.

I've been playing this game since the tail end of Wrath (ICC), so sadly no vanilla exp or Muru pre-nerf! :p but besides being a wrath baby ive been raiding since then in more casual 2 day guilds and 10m guilds ive made with friends. I've always been wanting to get into the 25m serious stuff, but never had the time to dedicate to full time blood legion style raiding so ive always stuck with what i know and done that ever since. As of recently i was leading a guild at the start of T14 with yet again some irl friends, and right after clearing ToT normal and getting H:Jin'rokh it started to fall apart due to irl issues and just too hard to keep on filling the ranks, so the people that were left decided to move from the server we were on (Alliance Turalyon) to (Horde Mal'ganis) for recruiting purposes, but sadly it was too late, we were too behind for us to be relevant anymore.

So here i am looking for somewhere to set my roots and stay for a while, i dont like to guild hop which is why i havent moved to the first guild that offered me a spot. I'm really looking for the guild that will push me to be a better player then i think i am. Im very capable of learning things about certain encounters to help better the raid and not just boost MY rank to look good. Im the kind of person who could care less about myself and would rather do what i needed to to get a kill on a boss for the whole group. So lets hope i can be what you are looking for.

P.S Im also a Ginger, so if you dont have one already, well.... your missing out ;)

Character Name: Shaffer

Class: Death Knight

Spec(s): 528ilvl Blood/ 511ilvl Unholy or Frost

Faction: Horde

Realm: Mal'Ganis

Timezone: EST

Current Progression T15: 3/13H 10m

Computer Specs:

Windows 7, AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Processor, 8GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 21" Monitor.

Armory: http://us.battle.net...haffer/advanced

WoL: http://worldoflogs.c...4t95fvmu7rmqwa/ (First 5 bosses this week w/ H:Jin'rokh and H:Tortos)

http://worldoflogs.c...0hy1whmrl9w3ir/ (Last 7 bosses with H:Ji-Kun)

Screenshot of UI:

dr87c7.jpg

(This is my UI in config mode so you are able to see my raid frames and BW Bars and

what not)

339lu3c.jpg

(This is my clean UI without config)

Raiding Experience:

ICC 25m - 9/12H (Raided with a semi-hardcore 25m)

BWD/BoT/Tofw - 8/13H (Raided with a 2 day a week 25m)

Firelands - 6/7H (GM/Raid Leaer of a small 10m called Perfection on Firetree, 7/7H a day after the nerf after progressing on last phase to 7%)

Dragon Soul - 8/8H @ 5% (^^ Same guild as Firelands)

MSV/HoF/ToeS - 4/16H (Tried raiding with irl friends who were not that into it hence it falling apart)

Throne of Thunder - 3/13H (Guild broke up after 1/13H, Filled in for a 10m on the server for Tortos and Ji-Kun)

As my raiding experiance has not been too impressive, let it be known that im very capeable of doing heroic encounters. I research the fights ahead of time and learn how to do them with the group as we progress. With progressing on certain fights i should mention something about glyphs and talents, my current ones may not be best for every fight, so they are being switched up usually on a fight to fight basis. If im needed to explain why or when just let me know. Also about my reforging and gemming, Im currently JUST about hit capped and i am hard exp capped. In 10m it is very helpful to pull just that much more dmg to secure a kill, and it never hurts to not miss an outbreak on the boss :). Now that being said, this can very much change in a 25m heroic raiding environment, and i am very willing to switch it up.

Sorry for the few walls of text, not used to apps with no template and you just get to sandbox it. If there is anything i can answer, ill be checking this thread often and you can also get ahold of me via RealID @ Shaffer#1932. Thanks for taking the time to read through my app! Hope to hear from you guys soon!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hi Negido, I may as well humor this repsonse a bit.

If you mean like this, then yes....yes i do.

tumblr_lm4mk8YeWI1qbcr4w.gif

My favorite color is Orange

2 wrongs dont make a right, that is correct and if i wanted to answer this and get dizzy i would say 8 lefts.

No, ive been so tired that ive stayed up way too long.

Oh boy..

1) The deisgn of cata healing i think was a brilliant move on blizz's part, moving from the PW'S & Chain heal spam from wotlk. For the more seasoned raiders it was probably easier to pick up and learn how to heal effectivly and no go oom in the first 2-3 pulls, compared to people just learning how to heal in cata. In the first tier while everyone was wiping on 5 man heroics as a tank i had to learn how to utilize my cooldowns and stay alive so the healers did not have to waste all of their mana on just keeping me up. While in wotlk most every tank was a meastshield with bubble shield on them you kind of had to think outside the box in t11. I think it gave the player both in healing and tanking roles a new platform to perform on. Lets hope that answer makes the cut ;)

2) Cat person all the way. i love dogs, but 99% Cats.

Whats up Shaffer,

Thanks for the app

Few questions off the top. You addressed it in your intro, but that 15% expertise and under hit cap is throwing me off a bit. What spells are you hoping to capitalize on going all the way to expertise hardcap? Also, would you change your gemming/reforging strat if you went to a 25s format, and if so how?

Walk me through parts of your UI a bit. What tools are you using to track your CDs, in particular the uptime on your defensive CDs (blood shield, IBF, Bone Shield, etc.)

You also talked about talent and glyph changes and that you could explain some of your choices. Go ahead and explain away.

I appreciate your confidence, and I'll scrutinize your logs at some point very soon (by Monday), but it's been said before and no exception here your lack of experience in 25s and HMs this xpac is concerning.

Also, as a Ginger were you automatically drawn to playing a DK? Both of you being soul-less and all.

Hip

Alright, so in being hit and exp capped it just makes sure i dont miss anything while tanking the boss, the slightly under hit capped, just came today when i was at 9% or so after reforges, so i switched some gems around and ended up there. As far as i know its really only for 10m unless you are solo tanking a boss. This build is built up for control and not as much for avoidence. SO far in 10m i havent had any trouble keeping myself up and healers havent struggled to keep me from dying, so i had no reason to go parry/dodge. As far as changing for 25m, yes of course if the control build wasent to be more useful then say an avoidence or even haste build (only seen a few of them) i would for sure change.

As far as my UI, i have bars that track my buffs & debuffs and what not that comes default with ElvUI, Im able to track how long i have left on any CD that i pop, when i can or am able to clip my ds. and then i also have OmniCC which is just a basic number countdown for my stuff.

As far as glyph or talent changes would really depend on a fight to fight basis. for example in my 2nd tier i switch up AMZ and purgatory alot depending on the fight, if the group needs that small magic absorb ill go amz, if not ill take purg. in the 5th tier if i need to use blood tap to convert some death runes for more death strikes, or for example i use that on heroic tortos so i can cast chains of ice (only spell i can cast behind me) on the crystal to obtain the shield, and i can make sure i am allways able to get a shield if i need to, instead of waiting for runes to refresh. For glyphs i can switch between IBF glyph for maybe Jinrokh when i get thrown i can get out of the stun right away, i may glyph D&D for a slow on tortos turtles right as they come out. etc.

And very much understood about 25m raiding exp. Like i said before there are very few guilds who raid 25m and progress decently and or have potential to clear content that can raid at times i am availiable. So far there has only been one other guild besides this one that i can who actually is looking for a tank. And instead of guild hopping every opportunity i get to grab 1 or 2 new heroic kills to finally get the tier cleared, i would rather take the time to look for some place where both partys are mutual and maybe someone to take a chance on me knowing that i can do the content 100%.

Also, huehuehue. i actually like that and i might use that as a personal quote. ;)

If you were a pally or perhaps a warrior I'd be less concerned about your itemization.

However, you're significantly overvaluing expertise as a DK, even for 10 man, and to a lesser extent undervaluing Hit

Rune strike cannot be dodged or parried, needing zero expertise

Death Strike cannot be parried, requiring 7.5% expertise so as not to be dodged.

Being under hit cap will give a chance that your Outbreak, Pestilence, Blood Boil, and Icy Touch can miss.

The only spell that is benefiting from that extra 2604 expertise rating you've invested is Heart Strike, and a paltry 46 rating you could invest to get to hit cap (drop a hit/mastery gem in your chest piece, get to hit cap and pick up a free 120 dodge rating (or switch one of those mastery/stam gems to mastery/hit).